Chapter 6 (Edited) (The Hunter Exam Arc)

KIMIKO

The flight to Zaban was successful and now, here we are with the son of Kiriko who was in disguise. The man showed us a bunch of shops in Zaban and Gon was all hyper and energetic as usual.

I was just looking around the town with amusement as I was following the four men while walking behind them as they chatted.

Then, I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked to find Emi giving me a look. "What is it, Emi?" I asked the squirrel. The creature patted her stomach as if she was telling me she was hungry, which she clearly is.

"Oh," was all I said before I knelt down and took my bag. Rummaging my items in the bag, I found everything that I have but the acorns. Even if Emi is an underground creature, she is a squirrel and squirrels love acorns.

"Emi, I think we're out of acorns," I told the little fellow who was sitting on the bag. She slumped her shoulders and a frown was on her face. "Miki, what's wrong?" a voice asked.

Looking up, I met a pair of brown eyes. "Emi's hungry and I'm out of acorns," I told him and the rest came. "What happen?" asked Leorio and Gon answered, "Emi's hungry."

"Hey, is there a nearby forest here?" I asked the son. He placed a finger on his chin and hummed in thought before he snapped his fingers and said, "I think I know," and he pointed his index finger at the alley that was on my right.

"If you go through that alley and turned right, you will find an abandon restaurant and then turn left. Just go straight ahead," he told me.

"Thanks," I said and shouldered my bag and Emi climbed on my other shoulder. "Do you want us to come with you?" Gon asked and I just shook my head a no.

"Nah, it's okay. I'll go by myself," I told them.

"What about the testing place? Do you know where it is?" asked Kurapika.

"Yeah, I know," I said. "Okay, then. Remember, when you arrived at the restaurant, asked the man a steak and cook it slowly rare. Understood?" said the Kiriko monster. Nodding my head again, I ran to the alley way that was on my right and turned right again, but not after I heard Gon shouted, "We will wait for you!"

Sprinting to the direction of the abandoned restaurant, I made a sharp turn to the left and ran straight. From here, I could see a bunch of trees a few feet away from me. 'There it is!' I thought.

I jogged when I was then inside the forest and turned into a walk. There were a bunch of trees and bushes here but they're not normal kinds of trees and bushes. They have fruits and berries here.

"Wah. Who would have thought that Zaban has a bunch of fruits and berries?" I muttered to myself and looked around the forest. There were also animals in there but unlike the wild, they were normal. Rabbits, squirrels, birds, raccoon and others.

I walked slowly to the white rabbit and crouched down. I was about to pat the gentle animal when it took a step back. "It's okay, bunny. I won't hurt you," I cooed, giving it a gentle smile.

As if the bunny understood me, it made a reluctant step forward and I patted the cute creature. Just by one touch, the rabbit rubbed against my palm and I giggled.

"Have you guys seen an acorn tree in this place?" I asked the animals that were surrounding us. A squirrel snapped its cute fingers before it ran through the forest.

"Emi, follow it," I told her and she obliged. The female squirrel followed her kind and disappeared into the bushes. Carrying the delicate rabbit in my arms, I followed Emi and using the wind as my guide, I found her on a huge acorn tree without any problem.