Chapter 10 (Edited)

A/N

Akio on the top. I find the picture awesome.

Even if you did something wrong in the past, you can always correct your mistakes in the future - Kei Kimiko

KIMIKO

Lippo then introduced himself in person before he explained about the next phase which is held in Zevil Island. The short man then told us to take a card out of the box. Since I was the first to finish, I walked to the slot and drew a card. I heard most of the participants gasped in surprised that I was first instead of Hisoka.

But, hey. Who could blame me?

After I took the card, I stood between Gon and Killua. Then, Hisoka was next, following by Illumi, Hanzo and so on and after Tompa got his, Lippo told us to remove the seal of the card and we did.

Lippo started to explain how it works and what we will do before everybody boarded a ship to Zevil Island.

***

I was currently on the ship with Emi since Gon and Killua left me by myself. I was standing on the corner of the ship, leaning against the wooden corner as I was staring at the azure sky. Luckily, I already placed my tag inside Stuart's bag since I did not want someone to know that I'm #406 or maybe they already knew?

The woman, whose name I had forgotten started to explain and tell us that those who fail can come back next year which made the atmopshere in the ship gloomy and I chuckled at her when she sweat dropped before walking away.

Gazing up at the blue sky and white puffy clouds again, I noticed that one of the seagulls had landed on my shoulder. Emi was on the wooden floor since she knew that if the ship wobbles, she would be swimming to Zevil Island instead of riding the ship.

"Hey. Usually you would fly away from these people. What's up?" I asked the bird, ignoring the looks that the people were giving me. The seagull told me that I had received a letter from a family member and knew instantly that it belonged to Akio. 'How did he know that I would be participating the exams?' I mentally thought.

The seagull gave me the letter in a brown envelope before it flew away after it received my thanks. Opening the brown envelope, I started to read the letter.

*~*

Dear Kimiko,

I heard that you're taking the Hunter Exams from Kaka a few days ago. Well, it looks like I have to go travel further away from you, huh?

Anyways, how's the old geezer doing? Is he still being the happy-go-lucky chairman? What about Satotsu, Menchi and the rest? Kaka told me that you had Menchi and Buhara as your examiners. That's going to be hard as hell.

Have you been well lately? Although I often see you somewhere else, I'm your brother and a brother has to take care of his sister. Well, guess I have to end it right here then. Good luck with the exams.

-Kei Akio

P. S. : Never use your bloodlust mode in the forth and final phase of the exams.

*~*

I was reading the letter for the fifth time and during that happen, Emi jumped to my shoulder and read the letter with me. "Looks like he is challenging you, Miko," she said and I nodded my head slowly.

"He sure is, Emi."

After I read the letter, I folded it into half before I shoved it inside Stuart's bag and began to walk away from the corner. I was trying to find Gon and Killua but when there was no luck, the only thing that I can do was sitting beside Hisoka since I saw him there, sitting while making a tower of cards.