Chapter Twenty_Four

"Hi Chance"Henry said closing the door behind him. He decided to visit Chance at his office to apologize for his actions the night before. Chance looked up surprised, he wasn't expecting to see Henry in his office.
"What are you doing here?"He asked surprised. "Sorry do have a seat Hart".
Henry took the seat he offered.
"Am really sorry about last night. I know I was a little out of the line"Henry said.
"A little"Chance said smugly.
Henry took a deep breathe, he already came here to apologize so he might as well do it the right way.
"I was out of the line. I shouldn't have been rude to you and am deeply sorry about that"Henry said.
"Never thought I would see this day"Chance said"Hart really saying sorry to me".
He snickered earning him an eye roll from Henry.
"Apology accepted Hart"Chance replied still amused. "Charlotte must have put you up to this. Still it feels good". Henry mentally groaned.
"What is your problem with me Hart?"Chance asked.
Henry didn't expect him to ask him that but this seems like a good time to have a normal talk with him.
"Why do you dislike me?"Chance added.
"Do you Love Charlotte?"Henry blurted out. Chance furrowed his brow.
"Sorry let me rephrase that, are you still in love with Charlotte?"Henry asked.
"why would you ask me such a question. You know Charlotte and I ended a long time ago"Chance replied.
"You have not answered my question"Henry said calmly"Are you still in love with Charlotte?".
"No am not. I love Charlotte but am not in love with her. Not anymore"Chance replied.
Henry didn't look convinced.
"Don't tell me in all those years you lived abroad with her, you never thought of getting back with her. You never wished of starting a family with her"Henry said a bit louder than he intended.
Chance was silent and it made Henry angry.
"Charlotte is a very beautiful woman and really successful. Every man will want to be with someone like her Dawson"Henry added.
"But she only wanted you"Chance shouted.
"She always wanted just you, even back then in college it had been you in her heart. When we were dating she had you in her heart.  The connection between you two was so deep that no matter how much I tried I couldn't match up to it"
He took a deep breathe.
"You really want to know the truth Hart"Chance asked calmly and Henry nodded.
"At first when Char and I left swell ville I secretly wished things would work out between us. when she had Kath and I held her in my hands,  I really wished she was mine, I wanted us to be a family. I envied you so much, you have a very beautiful daughter and the love of the most amazing lady I have ever met."Chance said.
"I watched her raise Kath. I was right there ready to play the role of a father but Charlotte made sure to remind me of my boundaries. She never for once let me fill in as Kath's dad because she doesn't want to cheat you. Because that lady loves you so much. Believe me Hart I never crossed the friendship boundary with her and I learnt to let go of my feelings for her. I was able to be a just a friend to both Char and Kath"He added.
"So Henry I can sincerely tell you that I have no romantic feeling whatsoever towards Charlotte"He said.
"Thank you Chance"Henry said surprising him.
"Thank you for been honest and for been really good to my family"Henry added.
"I know you don't want me around your family but I hope you let me visit them once in a while"Chance said.
"You have been a good friend to Charlotte and I don't think I can keep you away from them. You are free to visit them anytime and it is not like Char or Kath will let me do that."Henry said stretching out his hand for a hand shake and chance happily took it.
Chance grinned.
"Look at us Hart. We lasted more than thirty minutes without blowing each others brain out"Chance joked.
Henry laughed.
'We actually held each others hands without trying to break it"Chance added.
"We should be proud of ourselves"Henry said.
They both laughed. Henry excused himself and headed to Charlotte 's office to talk to her too.
"Hey"Henry said closing the door behind him.
"Hi"Charlotte replied. She was still angry at him no doubt.
"Am really sorry about last night. I shouldn't have disrespected Chance like that"Henry said.
"You should be apologizing to Chance not me"Charlotte said adjusting of her glasses.
she looked sexy when she is angry, Henry thought. 
"I talked to Chance. I apologized"Henry said.
She looked at him surprised.
"I really did apologize. We have talked and settled our differences"Henry said.
"Are you telling the truth"Charlotte asked.
He nodded.
"Am sorry I raised my voice last night. I promise never to do that"Henry said.
"It is good you apologized but you have to learn to accept Chance. He is been good to Kath and I and I don't think You can take him out of our lives"Charlotte said walking over to Him.
He stood up and cupped her face.
"I told you, I talked with Dawson and we are okay now. I promise to behave"Henry said.
"Promise Hen?"She asked staring at him.
"Promise"He replied.
She kissed him, he responded immediately.
"I love you so much Hen"Charlotte said hugging him.
"Me too Char. I love you more than life itself"He replied hugging her tighter.
"Can you promise me one thing?"He asked when the hug was over.
"What?"Charlotte asked.
"Never use the silent treatment on me ever again. If you are mad at me scream at me. Yell at me but please don't stop talking to me. It drives me crazy"He said and Charlotte chuckled.
"Am serious Char"He said.
"Okay I promise. Happy?"She asked.
"Very"he replied feasting on her lips again.
"You know I was already determined to have you alone in my bed last night"He said breathlessly.
Charlotte blushed. Henry loved that about her. The fact that he still makes her blush really makes him happy.
"Have i ever told you how sexy you look with those glasses on"He Said in a husky voice.
She shivered. She kissed him on the lips again.
He gently placed a kiss on the hollow of her neck making her yearn for more. He gently lifted her and placed her on her table. His brown eyes bore into hers and made her shiver. His lips found it way to hers as it explored every part of her mouth coercing a soft moan from her. Her fingers threaded along his hard chiseled chest.
she broke the kiss.
"What do you say we finish this at my place?"She said out of breathe.
He agreed almost immediately. He drove her to her place where they made sweet love together.
#######
Vote and comment guys.