Chapter Fourteen

When Henry found out about Kath and took her from Charlotte, she had no option but to call Chance the only person apart from her parents who knew about Kath and her paternity.  Immediately Chance  got the call from Charlotte, the way she sounded on the phone made him dash out of his office and head straight to her house. Charlotte was a mess when he came, her eyes were red and puffy. She was holding tightly a stuffed animal that belonged to Kath which he had gotten for her. Immediately she noticed his presence she rushed and hugged him soaking his shirt with tears. He consoled her and assured her everything will be fine but she wouldn't stop crying. After what seemed like hours Chance was able to get her to stop crying.
"You know everything will be okay"He said handing her a glass of water.
"I don't think so. Everything is all messed up Chance and it is all my fault. I caused all of this but my poor daughter is the one that will be affected the most. "She said with guilt.
"You didn't know what to do at the time. You simply did what you thought was best for everyone"He said trying to make her feel better.
"You know that ain't true. I should have listened to you and told Henry about the baby. I should have let him in on it but I didn't consider his feelings at all. Am a selfish person. I hurt Henry, I really did hurt him"She lamented.
"I don't think this is the time to blame yourself"Chance said.
"I wish I could go back in time and undo what I did"She said.
"Sadly you can't but you know what you can do"He said and she looked up.
"What?"She asked.
"Act on the present, fix the future. We should be talking about how to fix this mess without violence. You should try talking to Hart."He said.
"He would never talk to me"She said.
"He hates me now"She said quietly.
"He is mad at you Char, he doesn't hate you. I know he will talk to you"He said to her.
"You don't understand chance. You weren't here earlier. You didn't see the way he talked to me. The look in his eyes. I could see the hatred in his eyes"She said holding back tears.
"You still love him, don't you"He asked feeling really sorry for her. He had always known of her feelings for Henry even way before she actually admitted it to herself.
"Not like it matters anymore. I hurt him so badly. He will never forgive me and I don't blame him for that. He has every right  to do that because I don't know if I would forgive him if the situation was reversed. My main concern now is Kath. How do I get my baby back, I miss her already"She said wiping off tears.
"You know I don't want to fight with Henry over Kath but I can't live without my baby girl either "She added.
"Then you don't have to fight with him. Kath might act matured but you know she is still a child and very sensitive at that. She won't want to see her parents fighting. Try and get Henry to talk to you. You both should try and settle this amicably". He said.
She nodded.
"Thanks Chance. I should get on it already"She said.
"Relax, it is late already and you need to be emotionally stable when you visit Kath. Let Henry cool off too. Moreover  you look like you just got out of the mental hospital, you don't wanna scare the kid"He joked and Charlotte smiled.
"There is the smile you should have. Everything is gonna be fine, I promise"He said.
"Thanks for always been there"She said hugging him.
"Anytime Char. Anytime"He replied.
"I hope Kath is okay"she said.
"She will be fine. She is with her dad after all"He said.
"I will go see her first thing tomorrow morning"she said.
He nodded.
"Mind if I crash at your place tonight, am too exhausted to drive"He said already making himself comfortable in the couch.
"You don't seem like you need my permission"She said.
"Well I missed a date with a beautiful lady tonight all because of you"He said.
"Well I just saved that lady from heartbreak"She replied.
"It is your fault if I die a single man"He joked.
"Now it is my fault you are a man whore"She teased.
"You disrespect me lady."He replied.
She chuckled. Since leaving swell ville, Chance had been her only  support system.  Chance was the only one with her through out her period of pregnancy. He never left her side, he was there when she gave birth to Kath. Even when she told him about Kath's paternity, he didn't abandon them, he was mad for a little time but he still supported them. He helped  her in raising Kath. Time and again he proved himself a loyal ally to both her and Kath and she will be forever grateful to him for that.
"Just shut up and sleep already"She said and stood up to leave.
"Good night to you too"He said.
"And Char, you are not alone in this. Am right here for you like always. You will be fine. Sleep well Paige. "He added and closed his eyes.
"You too Dawson. Goodnight"She said and left for her room.
Laying on her bed she replayed the event of the day in her head. She had always imagined what her reunion with Henry would be like and never had she imagined it been this disastrous. And poor Kath got caught in the middle of this mess she created, she knows Henry would take good care of her but she can't help but feel she needed to be there with her child right now. She misses her terribly.  Charlotte silently prayed to God to help her fix her problem, give her strength to face Henry tomorrow and unite her with her daughter again.
########
Hi guys, I wasn't able to update because I have been stuck on this chapter, I didn't know what to write. I didn't know how to bring the story back to the present but I did it anyway. You know the rules; vote and comment.
❤❤❤