Chapter Seven

Kath and Charlotte were sitting at the sitting room waiting for there visitor. There was a knock on the door.
"Mum that could be my friend"She said excitedly. She jumped down from the couch and ran to get the door. Charlotte stood up and tried following her but her phone rang and it was a call from the office, so she went to the next room to answer the call.
"Feel at home"Kath said to Henry as he happily led him inside.
"Who is he?"kath said referring to Jasper who had insisted on following Henry to meet Kath.
"He is Jasper, my friend, am sorry I didn't tell you about bringing him along. I hope it won't be a problem"Henry said.
"We have enough food for everyone, I don't think my mum will mind"Kath replied.
"Hi Kath, I have heard so much about you. I must commend, you are prettier than Henry said"Jasper said smiling at her.
"Thank you. Make yourself comfortable"She said.
"Thanks, You have a beautiful house Jasper said.
"Where is your mum?"Henry asked.
"She was right here,maybe she went upstairs. let me get her. "She said and ran upstairs.
Henry couldn't quite understand what he felt the moment he stepped inside this house. He doesn't know if its anxiety. He took a very deep breathe to calm himself down.
"Are you okay?"Jasper asked.
"I don't know, I feel weird"He replied.
"I feel kinda anxious"He added.
Jasper tried to say something but was decided to shut up when he heard someone approaching.
"Am really sorry to..... "That was all Charlotte could say before she came face to face with her visitors.
"Henry"She said shocked. Both Henry and Jasper were already on there feet. They couldn't believe it either. Saying Henry was shocked would definitely be an understatement.
"You met my mum already"Kath said Joining them.
Jasper and Henry exchanged looks of disbelief.
"Charlotte"Henry said shocked.
And it was Kath's turn to be shocked, she didn't remember telling him her mum's name. How come he knows her.
"You have a daughter"Jasper asked shocked.
"Kath is your daughter"Henry asked with the same expression.
"You knew my mum?"Kath asked.
But all she got was silence. She looked from Henry to Charlotte. She could clearly see her mum's shocked expression. And there was something else, fear. Her mum was afraid.
Henry had imagined how his reunion with Charlotte would be. Never had he imagined meeting her in this situation. She has a daughter already which means she is married already. Schwoz was right all along. She is already taken. He can never have her now. It is already too late.
"Where is your husband?"Henry heard himself say.
Charlotte was silent. He looked closely at her and he could tell she was nervous.
Jasper looked from Henry to Charlotte and then to Kath. He couldn't help but see the resemblance between Henry and Kath. If he didn't know better he would say Henry is her father but he was sure Henry and Charlotte never had that kind of relationship. Or did they?
Henry was still lost in his thought. Charlotte has a daughter, who could be her husband.
Then he remembered Kath told him she hasn't met her father. He felt relieved, at the very least he is certain she isn't married yet. who could be her Father? Charlotte left six years ago and kath is five years. could it be that Charlotte was pregnant when she left swell ville? Was that why she left town? If his right, then it only means one thing. Kath must be her child with Chance. On a second thought that cant be possible because she is blond and chance is not and neither is Charlotte. So the hair color must be from her dad. Could she be his child? He was with her only once. He doesn't want to jump into conclusion but he can't help but maybe that was the reason he felt the attraction towards her. Jasper too seemed to have noticed something because he keeps on looking at Henry and Kath.
Henry looked at Charlotte and asked again.
"Who is Kath's Father?"He asked impatiently.
Charlotte was silent again, she didn't know what to do. She never imagined the truth will come out this way. She was too scared to say anything.
"Why don't you answer the question"Henry said harshly.
"Calm down. Let's talk calmly"She managed to say.
Kath was now listening with keen interest.
"Is she my daughter?"Henry said with shaky lips.
Kath froze. "what is going on"She said.
"Speak up"He shouted.
Charlotte broke down in tears.
"Yes Kath is your daughter. I left when I was pregnant with her"She screamed.
Jasper was shocked.
Kath shocked expression could be clearly seen by the way she stood speechless and confused. She couldn't believe what she just heard, her best friend turned out to be her dad. She doesn't know if she should feel sad or happy.
"How could you? How could you keep this from me?"Henry yelled.
"Am sorry, I did it for you"She replied amidst tears.
"You did it for me? You took my daughter away from me. You took five years of been with her away from. How is that helping me"He shouted angrily.
"Henry you should calm down a bit, remember, Kath is here"Jasper said.
"Don't tell me to calm down Jasper. I can't believe Charlotte could be this selfish. How can she do this to me. I thought we were friends"Henry said.
"I didn't know what to do at the time. I did what I thought was best for everyone"Charlotte replied.
"It wasn't just your decision to make. You should have told me. I had a right to know. I pleaded with you to talk to me but you didn't Instead you took my child away from me. You took away my chance of been a father to my daughter"Henry said angrily"I will never forgive you for this".
This time he was crying. Charlotte really hurt him. He trusted and loved her so much and she did this to him. He would never forgive her. He looked over at Kath and saw her still standing on the same spot. He went straight to her and hugged her so much. No wonder he got attached to her immediately. She is his daughter, his very own flesh and blood. He felt sorry for all those years he wasn't there for her. He hated Charlotte for taking away his chance to be a father to her. He looked at Kath and a tear escaped her eyes. He wiped it off.
"My baby"He said with tears."am sorry I wasn't there with you all those years. am really sorry you had no dad to play with. No dad to carry you in his shoulder. am sorry you had to go to bed without a dad reading you a goodnight story. am really sorry for all those lost years. Please forgive me. Forgive your dad for not been there".
Kath broke down she hugged Henry tightly and cried on his shirt. She finally found her dad but she doesn't know what word to say to him.
Henry wiped her tears with his hands.
"Don't cry anymore. Am here right now and am never gonna let you out of my sight ever again. I won't let any one take you away from me again"He said glaring at a weeping Charlotte.
He picked Kath up.
"Am leaving and am taking my daughter"He said still glaring at Charlotte.
"You can't take her away from me"She said standing up.
"If you can do that, why can't I? "He said through gritted teeth."let's go Jasper". He hated Charlotte so much at the moment. He doesn't know what he might do if she tried to stop him.
"You might wanna think this through"Jasper said.
"Am leaving, you can stay here if you want to"He said and left with Kath who didn't protest. Charlotte wanted to go after them but Jasper stopped her.
"Just let him be. He is mad at the moment but am sure he will bring her back"Jasper said.
"I can't stay a day without my baby"She said wiping off tears.
"So imagine what Henry is going through now. Henry is really hurt and angry at the moment. Just let him cool off. i know you are hurting but Henry is hurting too. just give him time and space."Jasper said.
"Are you mad at me too?"Charlotte asked him.
"I don't know Char. Am still surprised by all of this. Am just trying to understand why you had to do this. You really hurt Henry. You could have confided in any of us."Jasper said.
"Am sorry"She said wiping off tears.
"I need to go now. Tomorrow you can talk to Henry. Don't worry about Kath, am sure Henry will take good care of her"Jasper said.
She nodded.
"Am sorry again and thank you Jasper"She said. He stepped forward and hugged her. She cried more and he consoled her. He told her to rest and left the house.
Charlotte wept bitterly alone in her house. She had never felt like this. Henry hates her so much now and she doesn't think he would ever forgive her. She never imagined that Kath's friend would turn out to be Henry. That explain why she got attached to him, blood really calls to blood. She brought out her phone and called the only person that she knows will understand her right now.
"He took Kath with him, he found out"She said still sobbing.
_______________________
Another update💃💃 to say thanks guys. You know the rules;vote and comment😁😁😁.