Chapter two

It's been years Charlotte left swellville yet Henry couldn't bring himself to stop thinking of her. There hasn't been a day that passed without him wondering where she could be. Most of the time he blames himself for letting her go easily, he should have insisted and tried harder to stop her from leaving. Instead he let his anger get the better of him. He let her go. He tried so hard to forget that dreadful day, the day she left swell ville. The day she left his life.
Flashback
"Where do you think you are going" Henry asked.
"I told you am leaving town for the management program"Charlotte replied.
"You said you would reject the offer. You just came back from college"He  said moving closer to her.
"I know I said that but I have to do this for my self. It is gonna help my career"She said.
He gazed at her and took a step that brought him right in front of her.
"Is this because of what happened between us?"He asked.
She could feel her heartbeat increase, this has been happening frequently. He seems to have some power over her lately and she hated that.
"We agreed not to talk about that"she said packing some cloths into her bag.
"We also agreed it wouldn't affect us, then why are you doing this"He said bringing out the cloths she already packed.
"Look Henry, you don't have anything to do with my situation. Am leaving swell ville because I have to do it"she said.
"I don't believe you. Char, what have you been hiding from me. What is wrong with you? Talk to me char"He pleaded with misty eyes.
She was tempted that moment to blurt out everything to him. To hug him and hear him tell him it will be okay. But she wouldn't because if she did she would ruin him. She knew he would support her and that is all she want but she also knows that telling him would change his life forever.
"Am not hiding anything from you. I really need to go for that program"She said.
"I won't let you go anywhere. Am not gonna let you leave me again"He said hugging her tightly.
"Henry let me go"Charlotte said pushing him away.
"There is nothing you would do to change my mind. My mind is made up and I really wish you would respect my decision like every other person"She said.
"I can't do that Char, my life is nothing without you. How am I supposed to survive without you again. You left once for college and it was hell, I don't think I want to go through that again. Please stay with me"Henry pleaded.
Charlotte was broken, she couldn't do this anymore. Why won't he just let her go like the other? Why did he have to be this stubborn? Maybe she should tell him everything. But she wouldn't want Henry to stay with her out of pity or obligation, she can't handle been the source of his trouble. What if he rejects her? She would rather stay away than be rejected by him.
"Am sorry Hen, I have to go"She said when she had a car honk. That must be her ride.
"Please Char"Henry pleaded.
He hoped he would look at him and stay for him but Charlotte wouldn't budge. Her mind seems to have been made up.
"If you leave this town today, I will cut you off completely from my life. I will forget you ever existed"He said and she froze and turned.
"I mean it. If you leave that door forget you ever had a friend called Henry because I will do the same"He stated.
He was running out of ideas, this was the only thing that came to his mind. He hoped fervently it works.
"Good bye Hen"She said instead. and walked away. It was hard to do but it had to be done. For him and for his future. She has to carry this alone."one day we will come back"she whispered gently rubbing her stomach.
Good bye Henry.
That was it, Henry thought. She chose her career. She threw away everything they had just for that. Charlotte left him. She deserted him.
He felt anger surge in immediately, how could she just leave like that. Doesn't he matter to her? She  doesn't care about his feelings anymore. He could never believe she could be this selfish.
If this is truly what she wanted then so be it. She wants to be away from swell ville let her go. He  will surely forget Charlotte Paige. He will Forget his beautiful dark curly haired friend. The only girl that ever made him feel special. The one true love of his life. Charlotte Paige. He would never think of her again.
Henry sighed, he was a fool to ever think for a moment that he would forget her. He should have tried harder to stoop her.  Its been almost six years yet he couldn't forget her. He had searched everywhere for her. He even enlisted Piper's help to search for her through social media but nothing. It is as if she doesn't want to be found.
"Thinking about her again?"Jasper said joining him in the couch.
"Buddy. When did you get here"Henry asked.
"Not to long ago. When will you stop searching for Charlotte. It obvious she doesn't want to be found"He said.
"You know I can't do that, I tried doing it but you knew how it ended"Henry said
"But you gotta try harder. She might be married now  with kids. She has forgotten about us. About you"Jasper said.
"That is not true. I know Charlotte will come back, she is gonna come back to us. To me. I know that"Henry said sitting up immediately.
" still have feelings for her?"Jasper asked.
"I do. I love her so much. I hope I find her soon to tell her that. I really hope it isn't too late"Henry said plopping back into the couch.
"I miss that girl"Jasper said.
"Not as much as I do. I miss her everyday. Every minute every second"Henry said.
"We will keep on praying and hoping she comes back"Jasper said patting his friend on the laps
"I know she will"Henry said.
All hope might seem lost to others but Henry knew that he would see Charlotte again. He would never loose hope of seeing her again but he earnestly hope that what Jasper said isn't true. That Charlotte hasn't started a family yet. If that ever turn out to be true then it would be the death of him. He would still hold on to his hope of seeing her one day. The hope  that one day they will be together. Together again.