Chapter Nineteen

She had a knock on the door and stopped what she was doing on her computer. She wasn't  expecting anybody but she stood up and hurriedly walked to get the door. Behold it was Henry and Kath.
"Mummy"Kath screamed and threw herself at her mummy.
"Sweet heart"Charlotte said hugging her tightly"I didn't know you were coming".
"Daddy and I decided to surprise you, right daddy"She said to Henry who seemed to have his mind elsewhere.
"Daddy"She said touching his hand, he shivered.
"What did you say"He asked embarrassed. He was staring again, what was wrong with him? Why does he have to loose control whenever he sees Charlotte? He had lost control immediately she opened the door for them. Was it the way she smelled or maybe it could be those beautiful brown eyes of her and how magnified they looked now she was putting an eye glass? It could also be the way her curls bounced freely? No matter how mad he was at her she still has a way of making him look his mind and it didn't sit so well with him.
"Your mind seems to be somewhere else?"Kath asked.
"Am right here"He said.
"Uhmmm, why don't you guys just come inside"Charlotte said.
"Am really excited that you and dad are okay now"Kath said.
Henry looked over at Charlotte. There eyes locked.
"Yes we are okay"She said looking away from him.
"I didn't know you guys were coming, you could have at least given me a call"She said.
"Mummy it was supposed to be a surprise"Kath said.
"I missed this house, I  wanna go look around and i really need to use the toilet."She said and ran upstairs leaving just Charlotte and Henry.
They stood there awkwardly avoiding each others gaze. The silence was intense and uncomfortable.
"You should have informed me of your visit"Charlotte said breaking the silence.
"It was supposed to be a surprise. I didn't wanna ruin the surprise for you"He said and she looked up sharply"I mean for Kath".
"Thank you for playing along"She said masking her disappointment.
He simply nodded. She went back to her place by the computer and pretended to be working. Henry just sat down and pretending to be going through his phone. He would secretly steal glances at her Charlotte from time to time.
"What is this"Kath asked descending from the stairs.
"What?"Charlotte asked.
"You guys. You are acting like strangers. You should be trying to catch up with each other but you are both sitting here like total strangers"Kath said with her hands on her waist.
"Mummy why don't you take a break from work"She said.
"But Kath, I  really need to get this done"Charlotte replied.
"No excuses mummy, you work all the time"She said pulling her mummy away from the computer.
"Daddy, you hand over your cell phone"She said.
"Why? I need it for emergency"Henry protested.
"Hand it over dad"She said taking the phone from Henry. "There shouldn't be any distractions. The three of us are gonna spend the day like a real family. Am so excited about it"She added.
"We will make lunch and have lunch together and you guys tell me more about your child hood"She said excitedly.
"So mummy, daddy, what do you say about it?"She asked with the same expression.
"Whatever you want princess"Henry said. Charlotte looked over at him. She was really happy he would do anything just for kath.
"Let's do this"Charlotte said with a smile.
They all went to the kitchen, Henry helped Charlotte with getting the food ready. At first they acted awkward but it didn't take long for them to adjust and act normal and it was relaxing for both parties.  They finished with getting the food ready and Kath and Henry went ahead to get the dining ready while Charlotte dished the food.
"Yummy"Kath screamed excitedly when she took a bite of her food.
"God I missed this food, no offence daddy"She added playfully. Henry smiled.
"I know I make better foods"Henry said.
"You wish mister. No one cooks better than Charlotte Paige"Charlotte defended immediately.
"Are you seriously trying to argue with me?"Henry asked.
"I practically made this food you are trying to take credit for"He said.
"You just helped out"Charlotte countered. He rolled his eyes.
"Can you guys not fight over this"Kath said amused.
"No kath, Charlotte always does this. You know when we were kids she would always come over to my house just to have a taste of my delicious foods"Henry said.
"That is not true, i was always there to help with your home work"She stated.
"Oh yeah? You are gonna use the home work as an excuse? Just admit it  Charlotte i make better foods"Henry said.
"Deceive yourself all you want but i ain't admitting anything"She said picking there plates. "I need to clean up".
"She just too proud to admit it"Henry said to Kath.
"I heard that"Charlotte said from the kitchen"and I am not proud, you are"
Kath laughed heartily.
"I can't believe you guys are really fighting over this"She said"it is cute but childish".
"Well tell that to Your mother"Henry said looking over at Charlotte whom he saw struggling to get something from the kitchen cabinet. He smiled and walked to her and easily got it for her.
"Had trouble getting this"He said amused. Charlotte could see he was  mocking her.
"Show off"She said and took the bottle from him. "I could have gotten that easily"She added.
"Yeah, right. I saw how easy it was for you"He said gleefully.
"So mister tall guy when you are done showing off, you can head to the sitting room, your daughter is waiting for you"She added. He looked over and saw kath engrossed in whatever it was she was doing. He took two steps that brought him right in front of her.
"It is not a show off, You are just short"He said looking deep into her eyes. She blinked and swallowed hard. Henry was too close for cry not loud. Not that she hated him close to her. It is just that, it makes her think of things she knows will never happen again.
Henry was still looking at her, his gaze was intense, it had fire in it. Fire that burnt through her own eyes and down her entire system. She brought her face closer to his that she can  feel his breath on her face. His hands grasp her waist and brought her closer to him. She let her own her hands travel up his face, her hands were running traces all over his face. He leaned in and there lips collided, the kiss was gentle and steady. The thrill that shot through her body made her legs weak. He brought her on top of the kitchen counter, his lips never left hers. She was moaning under his kisses.  His hands travel up her side and her back. His hands moved until he found the clip of her bra. He fumbled with the clip and then suddenly it unfastened.
"Henry ! Henry !! "The voice shouted higher this time.
"Yes" He said breaking out of my imagination.
"Are you okay?"Charlotte said.  He nodded embarrassed. Standing so close to her messes with his head and made him imagine things. She was standing right in front of him but the whole kissing thing was just his stupid imagination. He groaned inwardly.
"Are you sure you are okay"She asked placing her hand on her chest. He shook it off immediately, he saw the sad look in her eyes.
"Am sorry"He said to her. After what he just imagined of her, her touching him didn't actually help his situation.
"It is nothing. I should apologize for crossing the line. I almost forgot this ain't real. Sorry"She said walking past him. Instinctively he held her  hand and she turned and looked at him with an expression he couldn't read.
"What?"She asked.
His heart was telling him to hold unto her and never let go but his head was saying a different thing.
"Nothing"He said letting go of her. She stood still.
"We should go check on Kath" she said and left the kitchen with Henry following closely behind. They walked into the sitting room and saw Kath sleeping peacefully on the couch.
"Do you mind if she spent the night here?"Charlotte asked Henry.
He didn't want her out of his sight but Charlotte is still Kath's mother and even though Kath's doesn't say it he knows she misses her mother so much. Moreover he needed some time alone to clear his head and remind himself that this was all a pretence.
"She can stay here. I will come get her tomorrow"He said. She smiled wildly Unconsciously he smiled back at her.
"Thank you Henry for everything"She said to him.
He nodded.
"Good night princess"He said and kissed kath on the head"I will come take her tomorrow".
Charlotte watched him leave. He turned and gave her one last glance he opened the door and left without a good bye. This time She felt hurt. Desolate.
######$
Double update guys💃💃💃
Vote and comment