Chapter Thirteen

It had been few days Charlotte met with Chance. She had decided to let the gang know of her decision to leave town.
Charlotte had texted Henry asking him to meet her at the man cave, she said it was really urgent. Actually she texted everybody in the gang. Now they are all gathered there  waiting for her to come and tell them what the urgent news is. Henry can't help but feel very worried because she had been acting differently for the past few days. He had asked her if she had a problem but she always said she is okay. Now all of a sudden she is demanding to talk to them, he can't help but feel she is in deep trouble. He didn't know he was stamping his foot on the floor until Jasper smacked him and asked him to calm down.
"Sorry I kept you guys waiting"Charlotte said stepping out of the elevator. Henry immediately rushed to her.
"Are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere? What is it you want to talk to us about?"He asked at the same time.
"You might wanna calm down kid. I think she is fine"Ray said a bit pissed.
"Am okay Hen"She said walking with him to the couch.
"Are you sure"Henry asked and Ray rolled his eyes.
She nodded.
"So what is it you want to talk to us about?"Jasper asked.
"This might come as a big surprise to you all but I hope you all will respect my decision"Charlotte said looking directly at Henry.
"What do you mean Char"Henry said sitting up.
"Am gonna leave swell ville"She blurted out.
"What?"They screamed.
"I know you guys weren't expecting this but I really have to do this for my career"She said.
"Am not in support of this"Schwoz said.
"Me too"Ray said.
"Guys"She said.
"Ditto"Jasper said.
They all looked over to Henry who has been speechless the whole time.
"Jeez kid,didn't you hear What she just said. Tell her you are against it"Ray said to Henry who seemed to regain himself.
"You told me you rejected that offer you got. You said you are gonna stay in swell ville for good"Henry said staring directly at her.
It was hard for her to do but she had to do this.
"Yea I did but I got a better offer and it is really gonna help me"Charlotte replied looking away.
"You are not going anywhere Charlotte. Am not gonna let you"Henry said.
"I don't need your permission to leave, I just wanted to let you all know"She said.
"And when exactly are you supposed to leave?"Henry asked.
She was quiet for a while.
"In three days time"She said looking directly at him.
"What"They shouted.
"You are gonna leave in three days time and you are just telling us. You are just telling me"Henry said hurt.
"I can't believe this Char. Why are you doing this? Why do you have to leave?  There are so many opportunities for you here in Swell ville. You got so many offers, why don't you just choose one and stay with us. Stay with me"Henry said.
Charlotte held back tears that were threatening to fall, she knew this won't be easy but she didn't know it would be this hard. Jasper didn't say a word but she could see his sad look. He was pleading with his eyes. Leaving them behind was the last thing she wanted to do but she believes she had to for everybody's sake.
"Am sorry I didn't tell you earlier but I still have to do this"She said.
Henry ran a hand furiously through his hair. Why on earth does she like to hurt him so much. How on earth is he gonna survive it without Charlotte around. He made up his mind he wasn't gonna let her go anywhere.
"Am not gonna let you go anywhere Charlotte"Henry said.
"Why don't you listen to me"She said.
"Am done listening to you. You are going nowhere"He said sternly and stormed out of the man cave.
"Guys"Charlotte said"I hope you guys understand me".
"Nah"Schwoz said.
"Am with Henry on this one"Ray said.
"Come on Ray. Jasp"She said turning to him"you understand me, right?"
He was silent.
"Please guys I need your support. I need you guys to make Henry understand". Charlotte said.
"I don't want you to go but there is nothing we can do if that is what you want"Jasper said.
"I have always known you will go places Char. Your intelligence is something to share with the whole world. As painful as it is am letting you go Char. You have my vote"Jasper said. They hugged each other. Jasper beckoned on Ray and Schwoz to join them and they reluctantly joined them.
"Thanks Jasper"Charlotte said after the broke he hug"Your support means alot to me".
"How long will you be staying?"He asked.
"Just twelve months"She replied.
"A whole year"He screamed"I guess I should take  back my vote"
Ray and Schwoz eyed him.
"Am gonna come back guys"She said trying to cheer them up"just think of it like I went back to college".
"Am gonna miss you"Jasper said.
"Me too jasp"she said"please tell me you guys support me now"she said to Ray and Schwoz.
"Please"She added.
"Just make sure to come back after a year"Ray said. She nodded and wiped off her tears.
"Schwoz"She said.
"I miss you already"Schwoz said and hugged her and the rest joined  again.
though she is really gonna miss them, she was relieved she got them to support her but she also felt bad she was lying to them. The only problem she has now is Henry and she knows convincing him would be really hard. The guys promised to talk to him on her behalf but she wasn't counting on that because she knows once his mind is made up, there is no changing it. She would worry about him later right now the guys are making arrangements for her going away party tomorrow and she wanna be a part of it. She wants her last memory with them to be filled with happiness. She turned her thoughts away from Henry and joined the guys in planing for her going away party hopefully he will will show up and she can try and convince him.
Surprising on the day of the party, Henry didn't show up at the party. He made sure not to talk to Charlotte or anybody in the gang since he found out they are letting her go like that. Charlotte texted and called him a thousand time but he never replied any. He only told her he would only talk to her if she changed her mind. She was really hurt he would let her go without a proper goodbye but she didn't blame him because this was her whole idea. It is what she wanted.  It wasn't until the day she was getting ready to leave that Henry showed up.
___________
Another update. I think this is gonna be the last flashback for now. I wanna get back into the present. I know this chapter ain't that good but it kinda like a filler. Love you all😘😘
Vote and comment