Chapter 6

Logan's POV 

Flashback~

I was 10 at the time when this happened. Me and my mom were at home as Dad was at work. We were making cookies for Dad since he was getting promoted that day. My mom made the greatest cookies. "Honey run upstairs and get the card for Daddy, ok?" She said, I smiled then ran upstairs. After I grabbed it, "Ahhhh!!!" I heard, I was about to run downstairs but "Honey stay up there." She said. I was too terrified to listen so I began to run downstairs, the man began to walk to the stairs but my mom attacked him, the man shot her and she fell to the ground.

 I began to cry as I ran back upstairs and locked myself into my parents room. I cried and cried. I ran to the phone and dialed 911. The man was arrested and my mom was took to  the hospital. Two days in the hospital and they told us they lost her. I cried harder then I've ever done. After a while I slowly turned into emotionless mess.

 When I was 15 my dad announced to me that he found someone and that they were coming over. "They?" I asked him. "Oh she has a son about your age, his name is Patton." He explained to me. My eyes widened, "I'm going to have a brother?" I said. He smiled then went back to making dinner for us and them.

 My dad made me dress fancy for them, I didn't mind then but now I do it now and them. When they came Patton immediately hugged me, i tensed up cause my mom use to hug me like that. I held in tears as I hugged back awkwardly. "Sorry he was so excited when he heard you had a son his age." His mom explained to my dad.

 My dad smiled then held out a chair for her. Patton pulled away and smiled at me brightly. I tried to smile back but I couldn't. He frowned at me then walked away. I followed and sat down. It was normal process, my dad married his mom and we became brothers. Patton didn't have friends as we grew up so I was his only friend.

Flashback ended~

We waited a long time then Roman cam out of the room, I immediately got up. "Is he ok?" I asked. "Yes he's ok, and he's awake." Roman said. I sighed in relief. "You can see him if ya want." Roman said, I ran into the room and he was awake. "Hey Lo." He said weakly. I smiled at him. "I'm sorry i didn't show up in time to stop him." I apologized. 

"No Lo don't blame yourself, please." He said. Virgil sat himself up and the blanket fell. I saw the wound, they bandaged it but it was bleeding still. I whimpered as I saw it, He looked to me sadly. "I'm fine Lo, don't worry about me." He said. A tear fell from my eye. Virgil leaned over and wiped it away. "Don't please." He begged. I blushed at him. He smiled, "They said they'll let me out tomorrow." Virgil said. I smiled at him. 

"That would be satisfactory." I said. "Can you now speak smart when I'm around." He laughed, I laughed too before covering my mouth. "Why stop it?" "What?" "Your laugh why stop it from coming out." Virgil asked. I blushed sadly, "i...I never laughed since.....since...My mother...got killed... in front of me." I admitted. Virgil eyes saddened, he leaned back leaving a cloud of awkwardness. I got up from the chair and walked to the door. "Um I'll see you tomorrow, after school, Virgil." I said. "Logan!" He yelled. 

I stopped before I fully exited the room. "Thank you for carrying me here." He said. "Your welcome Virgil." I said now fully exiting the room. Roman was waiting outside. "How is he?" He asked me, I looked to him. "Good, um can you take Patton home, I need to walk with my thoughts." I asked him. Roman nodded and then I left. I began to walk down the street. 'Why did I tell him, how stupid is that!' I walked faster as emotions spiraled in my chest, Anger, sadness, disappointment. 

 Tears began to flow back to that day when we got the news my mom died. I paused right there and wiped them away. I whimpered, i kneeled down and let it out right there on the sidewalk. *Beep!* I heard next to me. I looked up and saw Roman in an Uber. "Hey Nerd wanna ride?" He asked opening the door for me. I got up and tried to smile. I entered the car and we drove off. "Logan what are you crying you never cry?!" Patton said hugging me tightly. I chuckled nervously at him. "Yeah nerd why were you crying, was it cause Virgil's in the hospital?" Remus asked. I shook my head no. "I don't want to talk about it." I said, then facing the window. Remus turned away. When we got home, we ran inside and upstairs. "Ok why were you crying kiddo?" Patton asked. "I..i...remembered-