Chapter 1

Virgil's POV

I didn't want to go to school at all considering what happen last year. I don't want to go into detail but let's just say there was a lot of blood and panic attacks. I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm clock going off. I groaned pulling my pillow over my head. "Virgil!!" Yelled my more annoying brothers Roman and Remus. Remus pulled the pillow off my head, I turned over and glared at him. Roman rolled his eyes as he pulled my covers off.

I shuddered from the sudden coldness. I slowly got up and walked away from them. But they pulled me down. "We picked your clothes from your drawer." Roman said pointing to the end of my bed. It was a black shirt,jeans, boots, beanie, black and purple jacket. I smirked, "well at least it's black." I said. I grabbed them and headed for the bathroom to change. 

After I did they were gone. I walked downstairs and saw Roman and Remus cooking. "Whatcha making thing one and thing two?" I said smirking at them. "Haha very funny and we're making bacon and eggs." Roman said. "Where's mom?" I said. "She's out with her new boyfriend." Remus said raising his eyebrows up and down.

I rolled my eyes, She's been dating him for two months now and I didn't really like the guy much but he makes mom happy. I took  out my phone and saw we only had 10 minutes until the bus showed up. "Hurry up cause we only have 10 minutes." I said. Roman then gave me a plate and I ate it fast.

He was good at cooking since he went to cooking class which was one of his classes. I got up to go het my bag. Remus already had his stuff. Roman rushed to get his. I chuckled at Roman as he almost fell down the stairs. We headed out and as we came to tje bus stop there we're two boys I've never seen before.

One was talking non stop, he had  dirty blonde hair, light blue eyes, circle framed glasses, white collar long sleeve with a light blue sweater vest, sneakers. I looked to the other boy who was reading a book as the other was talking to him. He had black slicked back black hair, dark blue eyes, square framed glasses, and he was wearing a black button down long sleeved shirt, jeans and dress shoes.

He looked at me and i quickly looked away from him and stood there waiting for the bus. The bus came and we sat down. "Come Logan stop it with that silly book and talk to me!" The boy whined. The other closed his book and sighed. "It's not silly it's about stars and how they came to be, Patton." He said rubbing the bridge of his nose. I laughed to myself a bit and Roman noticed it. "Eavesdropping?" Roman asked. "Yeah, I've never seen these two before?" I said looking to them again.

Logan was now talking with Patton now but then Patton glanced at me, i quickly turned and pretended to be talking with Roman. After the bus came to a stop, i quickly got off the bus, i wanted to make sure Dee wasn't there. You'll learn who Dee is later.  Roman and Remus got off and headed dor his friends. I didn't have friends so i just sat on the bench waiting for the bell to ring.

I then saw Patton come to me. "Heya kiddo I'm new here and i wanted to know you would like to show me and brother here around the school." He asked. I was in shock someone would want to talk to me the weirdo emo that no one likes. "Sure, whatever." I said getting up. Logan was reading his book again. "Logan introduce yourself!" Patton said nudging Logan, "Ok, I'm Logan Power and this is my step brother Patton Hart" He said. "You guys are step brothers?" I said. Patton smiled sadly. "Yeah, my mom got a divorce with my dad then got remarried to Logan's dad about 4 months ago." He said putting his hand on Logan's shoulder.

Logan sighed then stuffed his book in his book bag. "Yes, can we now get our tour?" Logan said before walking away. "Sorry about him, he's a little sensitive about what happened then." Patton said. I nodded then began to follow Logan.

Patton came too. The bell already rang by this time. We went to the office so i can have permission to show the two around and get there schedules and locker combinations. As we left Logan looked at me. "What's your name?" He asked. "Virgil Prince." I said. "Ohh your like a fairytale prince!!" Patton said clapping with joy, i nervously laughed.

"Not really I'm more of that underrated prince that never gets attention." I said rubbing the nack of my neck. "That's not true you are attractive after all, right Logan?!" Patton asked Logan making me blush. Logan nodded in agreement. "He he thanks Patton." I said before gesturing them to follow me. "Your Welcome, kiddo!!" He said before following him.  Logan followed close behind me. Then i saw Dee. He was walking in the hall with his friends.

I panicked and pushed Patton and Logan to the other hall. "Stay here and wait i need to talk to someone." I said. Theu nodded with confused looks. I went back and saw Dee make eye contact with me. "Well hello Virgil ready for another beating?" He hissed. I stood there waiting for my fate. His friends then grabbed my arms as he punched me in the gut multiple times. I groaned and grunted as he did. Patton came running and grabbed Dee by his arm. "Stop that!!" Patton yelled.

Logan stepped in front of me. "Let him go!" Logan commanded them. They both chuckled at him aince they were indeed taller then Logan. "What you gonna do about it nerd boy?" One of them asked him. "Glad you asked." Logan said, he cranked his knuckles, Logan then punched both guys amd they fell to the ground. Patton still had a hold of Dee until Dee fliped Patton and slamed him in Logan causing both of them fall to the ground. I sat there in fear. Logan and Patton groaned in pain as they got up. "Guess new kids got fire in them after all!!" Dee said. Logan glared at him with such anger even though he barely knew Virgil, he wanted to protect him. Dee swung a punch at Patton but Logan stopped him from doing so. Patton slid his leg under dee and he fell to the ground.

Logan grabbed me by my hand and we ran as Patton took care of Dee. We were at the end of the hall near the cafeteria. Patton then vame running towards us with happiness on his face. "What happened?!" I questioned him grabbing his shoulders. Patton smile turned into a frown as he saw my face have such fear and worry. "It's fine kiddo i took care of him, he is no where near us." Patton said smiling. "Well ok I'll show you the cafeteria since it's right through this door." I said. They smirked at me as they pushed the door open. Theu were in shovk as they saw how big the cafeteria was. "Wow this place is huge!!" Patton said. Logan giggled at his brother's enthusiasm. I laughed too with him. "The libary is next for you to see." I said getting Logan's attention completely. "Libary?" He said trying not to sound enthusiastic about it. "Yep let's head on over there." I said walking away. They followed me to the libary.