The Day She Lost Her

This is another chapter on Avon's past. This is to thank everyone for reaching 400 views. I hope you enjoy.

Avon sat by her mother's bed, tears running down her cheeks like a waterfall. Her Mother stroked her hair, reassuring her that it would all be okay. Avon looked up. Her Mother's beautiful face was sunken, framed by her dull, brown hair. Her green hazel eyes were devoid of their usual liveliness.
"Sweetie, why don't you go to the shops and buy some cake?" She said. Avon took the money her mother gave her hesitantly. She got up and walked out of the door, wiping away the tears.

Soon, Avon made it to the local bakery and was enticed by the strong smell of freshly baked bread. She looked around the assortment of cakes. Her Mother's favourite was Weyhope Vanilla. It was flavoured with an assortment of nuts and the famous vanilla all harvested from the farming town of Weyhope. Avon bought two equal slices. One, she asked to be cut into three, for Bourne, her father and she, and the other was left for her mother. She had a few coins left, which she used to buy cow's milk. After she had bought everything she needed, she headed out. Mother will love this, she thought.
Avon began walking through the town, carrying her basket of treats. It didn't take her long to get to her street, where she heard shouts.
"Miss Avon Fair, somethings happened to your mother!"
Mother, Avon thought. She dropped what she was carrying and hhran to her house, almost knocking down the door. With no worry for safety, she ran up the stairs as quick as she could. In her mother's room, she found her father crying at the bed. Bourne was sat down in a chair, clearly not knowing how to feel.
"No, no!" Avon cried.
She ran to her mother's side. Bourne sat in his chair and asked, "What's wrong?"
"Mother's gone, Bour." Avon answered.
"What do you mean? She's right there, sleeping."
Avon looked up at her brother, he was too young to understand.
"She's dead, Bourne!" Father exclaimed.
"But mummy's not old, she's only thirty six."
"I know."