Chapter II

Sir Axton was the Knight Captain, also in charge of the dragons at the Bidcrambrough Castle. Avon walked through the castle gates, stating her business to the guards stationed there : she had to inform Sir Axton about something. She was there to tell the him about the success she'd had with Ginger, although she didn't say that. Avon walked in, admiring the banners displayed in the entrance hall. Even though she had walked through here many times, every time she would be amazed by the golden decor. She walked over the red carpet and to the large, spruce doors. Avon pushed them open to reveal a wide hallway with several other corridors leading to different parts of the castle. She reached the middle of the corridor as two guards walked in through one of the entryways. Their stench travelled to Avon's nose and told her that they were intoxicated, drunk. She tried to carry on walking, but they spotted her. One of them shouted, "Ey, pretty girl, what ya doin here, so late at night?" His words were slurred and hard to decipher.
"Um... I'm just delivering some news to Sir Axton." She tried to walk off but the other guard cornered her against a wall. His stench filled her nose, a mix of beer and whisky. She gulped and looked him over. He was pudgy, hardly fit to be a guard. His stare was lustful, looking her over, clearly knowing what he could take. "So, pretty girl, why you alone? Surely your taken." He drawled. The guard took one hand of the wall and onto her shoulder, feeling all the way down to her wrist. He cupped her hand for a second, then laid his on her waist, waiting to go lower. She ducked down and out of his reach, walking out behind him. "I was working, I need to report to Sir Axton." She said. Avon tried to sound calm and collected but her voice trembled on the last word. She walked off. She then felt a hand tightly grip her wrist. Avon was twirled round and met the other guard. He was thinner and more fit, but he was as drunk as the man before. The man laid his hand on the small of Avon's back, making a tingle travel up her spine. She looked away, blushing. "Surely you can't work : your hands are as smooth as a horses coat." He held up her hand and caressed her palm. Avon snatched her hand away, making him release his grip. She ran off, down a random corridor. She didn't know where she was going.