Chapter XVIII

The city of Tendelvel was home many middle class families who could afford quite expensive clothing. Men in this city wore similar attire to men in other towns like Fort Nor. However, women in Tendelvel would wear colourful dresses with expensive fabrics and corsets at the waist. This was very different to the kaftan that Avon had been wearing. Jack had bought her these clothes for her to fit in, but she felt that it was not the only reason.
He had a large smile as he looked her over. "You look..."
"More like a noble than I ever have in my life?"
"Beautiful."
Avon's face reddened and, being sick of this embarrassment, walked past him. Jack smirked and followed.
"So, where are we going?"
Avon huffed and turned back. She looked him in the eye and silently ordered him to take her to where they needed to do. It was beginning to annoy her how much this man could charm her. This was very out of character for Avon, as she was often known as the pacifier in her town ; a girl who rarely got angry. If she did get angry, it was often over silly things, like now.
Jack walked into the town center and turned a few corners. They ended up at a small inn. It was cozy and humble. On either side were shops selling fruits and vegetables.
Jack walked in and Avon followed. A bell rang as the door opened. The inside was small. Orange flames, from inside lamps, bathed the room in a warm light. It didn't seem popular or busy. At the counter stood a woman looking around seventeen, Avon's age. She smiled and greeted them. It was clear the inn had probably just opened, as she was still fumbling around her desk, getting things ready. "Welcome to the Boar Titfer! How can I help?"
"We'd like a room please." Jack responded.
"Ok, one room for the two of you. I'm guessing one bed?"
Before Jack could answer Avon said, her face painted with crimson, "No, two beds please."
"Ok, two beds." The woman looked around her keys and picked out a slightly rusted one, with a number five imprinted on the keychain.
She wished them a lovely evening and directed them to their room.