Ch. 17 It's Time To Go

I decided to go for a run to ease my mind. I could barely sleep last night. My thoughts were running wild. Harry. Liam. Two amazing guys. They are both so different, but there's something about each one of them that deep down, I love. Liam, with his puppy eyes, is so loving, caring, protective, and wonderful. It's impossible not to love him. Then there's Harry. Harry's got an edge. He's charming, flirty, cheeky, and still a sensitive guy deep down. This type of choice should never have to be made. I would never wish this upon anyone else. Sometimes I feel as if Erin and Niall had it so easy. There was no one standing between them. They were free to be with each other without a care in the world. I envied that simplicity. 

I wanted to get my mind off of things. I had to. It was time for me to go home. I'm not saying forever, but for a month or so. I sent a letter to my university letting them know that I was leaving for a while. They are, generously, allowing me to take my classes online while I am back in the states. Now all that's left is to tell everyone. I decided I would start with Erin.

I opened the door to our dorm to find Erin and Niall nuzzled on the couch watching a movie. They were perfect. Erin turned her head and a smile was instantly plastered on her face when she saw me. I was going to miss her so much. I had to keep telling myself that it wasn't forever. I would be back soon enough. Niall and Erin got off of the couch and stood up. 

"Hey Tay" Erin piped up.

"Hey Erin. Niall." I smiled at them trying to hide the sorrow in my eyes, "There's something I need to tell you guys."

Erin and Niall exchanged a worried look. I sat down on the edge of the chair and let out a sigh.

"I'm going home." I finally said.

"What? Why?" Was all either one of them could say.

"I can't be around Liam and Harry anymore. This plan went too far. I love Liam, but i'm falling for Harry"

"Taylor, if you have feelings for both of them.. don't you think you should stay? Distance won't make things any easier." Niall said. 

"I need time to think. I can't be here. I need to go home." I replied.

Erin pulled me into a hug and I could hear her start to cry. I held her tight and told her I would Skype her everyday.

"I need to tell Liam and Harry. I'll miss you guys. I love you both like family." I hugged Erin and Niall once more and decided to head to Liam's flat first. I didn't know where to begin.

The drive to Harry's flat went by in a flash. My mind had been racing like no other. I took a deep breath and put my car in park. I slowly dragged myself out and started walking towards his door. My heart was racing a mile a minute and I could feel the color drain from my face. I rose my hand and shakily knocked on the door.

After a few more knocks, I heard movement around the flat. A half-naked Harry opened the door. I guess I was lucky he was at least wearing sweatpants. He usually is naked all the time. The boy has no shame. A smile grew on his face when he saw my face. He pulled me in for a hug and kissed the top of my head. He smelled amazing and being in his arms felt incredible. I didn't want to let go, but I needed to.

"Harry, we need to talk." I felt so cliche saying "those 4 words". 

He gave me a questioning look and then gestured for me to go inside. I walked over to the love seat couch and sat down. Harry followed and sat beside me. 

"So, what is this about?" Harry asked me with a nervous tone in his voice. 

I didn't know what method would be best. Should I just come out with it right away? Or, should I ease into it. I knew Harry wouldn't want me to beat around the bush, so I went straight to the point.

"I'm leaving. I'm going back to Michigan." I said without meeting his eyes. He shifted in his seat; further away from me. 

"For how long?" He turned to face me, and I forced myself to meet his gaze.

"Honestly? I don't know. I need to think.. I need to get away for a while. This isn't easy for me, and I want you to know this is something that I need to do for myself."

I reached for his hand, but he rejected it. He stood up and walked towards the entrance of the house. I got up and followed him. He opened the door. 

"Well I guess this is goodbye then." He had a poker-face on. He didn't give me a hug, kiss, anything. I walked past him and onto the steps. I turned around and looked him straight in the eye.

"Why are you doing this?" 

"Doing what?" He replied while shrugging his shoulders.

"Pretending you don't care." I persisted.

"Because I don't." And with that, I turned on my heel and swiftly strided to my car. Before I got too far, I looked in my rearview to see Harry standing there bent over with his hands covering his face. 

I was pissed at him for treating me like that, but I knew he just didn't want to show his vulnerability. I knew I would forgive him in time. Now it was time for Liam. I didn't know how to bring it up to him. I knew he would be heartbroken. This would tear him apart, and I just couldn't imagine him being upset. He was too good of a person to deserve that type of pain. 

I reluctantly drove to Liam's flat and shuffled up to the front door. 

I thought I could handle this, but I was wrong.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Thank you for being patient with this. The next chapter will be in Liam's P.O.V! Enjoy :)