Ch.5 (Liam's POV) Not Now Harry

I was lying on national television. This wasn't like me at all. I'm the honest one; the guy you can depend on. I knew I had to lie though, for the sake of Taylor. She was something special, and I refused to let the press tear her apart like it did do Louis' ex girlfriend. She couldn't handle seeing the rumours about him and all these random girls. She couldn't handle the death threats and hate sent her way on a 24/7 basis. When she left, I had never seen Louis so depressed. I wasn't about to let that happen to me.

The show was over and I was hoping that Taylor hadn't seen it. I guessed she hadn't because I didn't pin Taylor as the type of girl to get hung up in stuff like this. She was completely different than any other girl I've dated. Taylor didn't care that I was in a band. Hell, she didn't even know I was when we first met. I decided I would call her before Erin or someone else told her about it. I picked up phone and dialed her number.

ring...ring..ring... No answer. I called again. 

ring...ring..ring... Straight to voicemail. I decided it was best to leave a message just in case.

"Taylor, it's me, Liam. Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I didn't ditch you this morning. Last night was...amazing.," I sighed just thinking about last night. It was perfection. "Our manager called me up early this morning to tell me I had some explaining to do to the press. Apparently, they saw us last night. Not quite sure how, but they were asking me all about you. I had to lie to them. I will explain everything later. Call me okay? I miss you already." I hung up the phone and sat down. I put my head between my knees. What if Taylor had seen it? Maybe she won't understand.

Paul came over to me, "Nice work, Liam." He said smiling. He noticed I wasn't doing the same. "She really is something special, huh?" I looked up at Paul. He could see the desire in my eyes.

"Yes. She's not like other girls. There's something about her. I need her, Paul. I just hope she understands.." I said in a depressed tone. Paul put his hand on my shoulder trying to make me feel a little bit better. He sighed and walked away. I got up and walked out of the building and towards my car. The radio seemed to only play sad, depressing songs, so I quickly turned it off and drove in silence to Taylor's dorm. When I pulled up, I noticed Harry and Niall's cars outside. Hm, that was odd. I walked up to Taylor's door and Louis opened it. He saw my face and shot a worried look over his shoulder to the rest of the boys. What was going on?

"You alright mate? You look a little nervous. Am I interrupting something?" I asked casually.

"No, no. Come right on in Liam." He put a small emphasis on, "Liam". I didn't really think anything of it, until I looked into the kitchen and saw Harry and Taylor holding hands. As if on que, Taylor looked my way. I couldn't tell if she was nervous, shocked, or angry. Probably all three. Harry noticed Taylor's expression as well and followed her eyes to meet mine. He quickly let go of Taylor's hand and tried to play it off as nothing.

"Oh hey Liam! What uhm... what are you doing here?" He asked as he rubbed the back of his neck. That's a signature move by Harry. It means he knows he's been caught.

"What is this?! Taylor?" I bascially yelled.

"Don't yell at me Liam. I'm the one who woke up with out you here. You didn't leave a note, a message, nothing!"

I could see the pain in Taylor's eyes and it was breaking me. I walked over to her without dropping her gaze and wrapped her in my arms. She tried to push away, but eventually gave up.

"Why didn't you answer your phone, babe?" I whispered in her ear. She looked up at me confused.

:"Shit. I've had my phone on silent all day." She walked into her bedroom and came back with her phone in her hand. She played my voicemail. It looked like she was about to cry when Harry shouted, "Taylor! What about us?" I shot him a death glare. Was he kidding?! Taylor was mine. When did they become an "us"?

Taylor's face when soft, and I could see tears starting to well up in her beautiful blue/green eyes. I looked back at Harry who also had wetness building up in his eyes. He walked over to her and hugged her while whispering in her ear. I was getting angry now. I ran over and shoved him off of her.

"Back off Harry! I'm not playing games with you. Taylor and I have a connection. You know what happend to Reilly (Louis' ex-gf)!" I told him sternly. I gave Louis an apologetic look. He understood and gave me a nod.

"I don't care Liam! Just because you slept with her first doesn't mean that she's yours! I knew that there was something about her the moment i saw her. This isn't up for you to decide. This is Taylor's choice." Harry wasn't going to back down, but I believed in what Taylor and I had. I didn't think she would throw it all away.

"Explain why you lied about me. Are you ashamed of me? Am I not good enough for you? Your "image"?" Taylor started to cry. I held her tighter and rubbed her back. It broke my heart to hear that she thought she wasn't good enough for me. If anything, she was too good for me. I sat her down and explained everything from the phone call in the morning, to Louis' Ex, Reilly, to what Paul and I talked about after the show. 

Taylor was taking it all in. The other lads were trying to help me out, well, except for Harry. Niall was telling her how a lot of the time we can only say what our managers want us to say. It's never anything personal, and since I didn't deny that I knew her, that meant that I truly cared. Taylor started smiling again. Boy, I loved her smile. I loved everything about her, and I needed to be close to her, no matter what it took. I owed Niall and the rest of the boys one.

You're all I could ask for Liam." She jumped into my arms and kissed me. In that moment, I knew I had fallen hard for Taylor Boss, and no one could change that.