Ch.13 Management's Big Move

I held Liam as tight as I could. I never wanted this moment to end between us. Afterall that has happened, we still came back to each other. That was a sign, right? I was sure it meant we were meant to be together.

I breathed in his scent; the scent I had grown to love. I lifted my head out of the crook of Liam's neck and looked into his dark eyes. There was a slight twinkle in them tonight, and I noticed they were a little red and puffy. He smiled at me, and let a small tear slide down his cheek.

"Liam, what's wrong?" I asked with a slight chuckle, "We have each other now." I wiped away the tear and gentley kissed his cheek.

"I'm just remembering the last time we were together. What I did to you.." He was shaking his head in digust of himself. "I can't believe I was so stupid. I still can't even remember what happened that night. I didn't even know Jenna was going to be there. I hadn't seen her since we broke up the first time. But waking up, seeing you break down like that. I hated myself Taylor. I really did." The tears started flowing harder, which made me start to cry as well.

I let go of our embrace and looked up into his eyes full of sorrow and regret. I can't believe I was even bringing this up, but I knew we were going to talk about it at some point. Might as well be now..

"If you regret what you did so much, then why did you start dating her again? You didn't fight for me." 

I had caught Liam off gaurd by my question, but I had been yearning to ask him ever since I saw him and Jenna together.

"Trust me, Taylor. That wasn't my idea. Management said there were pictures of me and Jenna that night. They said that we had to play it off as if you and I had already broken up, and I had been seeing Jenna again. I couldn't be seen as a cheater. It would kill the fans. It killed me inside knowing that I was hurting you. I couldn't call, text, email, anything. All of my contact with you had to be shut off. I'm so sorry. I love you, and only you. You have to understand, please." Liam explained.

So many emotions shot through my head. Who would take pictures of Liam with Jenna? Who even invited Jenna to that party? I threw the questions aside and focused on everything Liam had just told me.

"I want to work through this with you Liam. I never stopped loving you. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hooking up with Ryan. I can't take that back, but I would if I could." I said sincerely. 

Liam had hurt in his eyes, but it quickly went away. He knew we had both made a huge mistake. He wrapped his muscular arms around my waist and pulled me into him.

"The past is the past, and you're my future. This is all that is relevent." He whispered in my ear. The hot breath on my ear sent chills throught out my entire body, leaving me with goosebumps. I smiled at the ground thinking about what Liam had just told me.

I looked over to my right and noticed Niall with tears in his eyes. He was so precious. Like a snowflake.

"Niall, thank you so much, bud. I'll see you tomorrow" Liam said, and Niall nodded in our direction and walked towards his car. 

I took Liam's hand in mine and led him up to my dorm room. He picked me up into his arms and spun me around. He laid me on the bed and gently kissed my lips. I missed his touch. I wanted him so bad right now. I leaned into the kiss, but Liam pulled away.

"I want to just hold you tonight, Taylor. I hope you don't mind." He explained while he changed into just his boxers for pajamas.

To be honest, I really didn't mind at all. It was nice just to be with Liam again. All I really needed was him by my side. I cuddled into him and laced my fingers with his. Liam was humming Ed Sheeran's , "Little Bird" in my ear. I gently doze off and went to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Five days later

The boys had sound check today, and Liam invited me to go along with them. Erin was already going becase her and Niall were still going strong. I had showered, brushed my teeth, and gotten ready. I put my hair in a side braid, and put on eye makeup. I was wearing a pair of high-waisted denim shorts, a white lace top, and my navy TOMS. I heard my phone start buzzing and saw a text from Liam.

Hey babe. We're outside. Come down :) xx

"Erin, the boys are here" I yelled.

"Coming!"

Erin had her long hair up in a sleek ponytail. She was wearing a pair of dark washed skinny jeans with an Irish themed shirt. I guessed it was to support Niall.

I grabbed my bag and rushed downstairs to the car that was waiting for me. Liam got out and opened the door for me and Erin like he used to. He kissed me quickly and we got in the back of the car. I saw Niall, Louis, Zayn, and there was Harry all sitting behind us. 

"Taylor! Erin!" Louis, Zayn, Niall screamed while grabbing at me. I gave them each a hug and laughed. 

Erin piled in next to Niall. They were quickly off into their own little world. I had always admired the simplicity of their relationship. There was never any drama between them. Everything seemed so easy.

"Hey guys!" I said.

"Hello, Tay" Harry said without meeting my eyes.

What was his problem? Oh well, I wasn't going to let it ruin my day.

We continued driving to the studio where the boys were suppsed to do their sound check. Erin and I sat down and watched the boys get ready to sing. Niall and Liam were warming up their voices. Zayn was texting someone on his phone. Louis was singing about everything in sight. Then there was Harry. He was staring at me and giving me a smirk. I didn't understand it at all. 

"Ready boys?" Someone asked.

"We're ready. Are you?" Harry said without breaking his gaze towards me.

I felt a shiver up my spine. I didn't like the way he was looking at me. It was actually quite scary. The music started and Harry turned his focus on the lyric sheet in front of him. 

The boys were sounding great. They had just finished singing "Tell Me A Lie", when a woman from management asked Liam to come back to talk to them. I brushed it off thinking it was about something with the upcoming shows. 

After a couple of minutes, Harry came over to me with that smirk plastered on his face.

"Hello."

"Hi Harry." I said a little annoyed. He leaned into me and whispered in my ear.

"It was me." He said and gave me a wink before walkinig back to Louis and Zayn.

I knew it! Harry was the one that invited Jenna. It was Harry who took the pictures and blackmailed Liam. Everything was clicking together. I needed to tell Liam.

After what seemed to be ages, Liam came out with fresh tears in his beautiful eyes. I ran over to him and he held on to me with all his might.

"Taylor... we have to break up." He cried into my shoulder.

"What, what do you mean?" I asked as tears starting forming.

"Management said it's not good for me or the band's image if we are together. There's been a lot of hate sent towards us calling me a cheater and a heartbreaker. Everyone thinks you broke Jenna and I up."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I had just gotten Liam back. How could this be happening?

"Can't we explain this in an interview? Something?" I wept into his chest.

"There's nothing we can do. I'm so sorry." He squeezed me and placed a kiss on the top of my head before letting go and walking back into management's office. 

I crumpled to the ground and started sobbing. I looked around to see Harry smirking at me. This was all his fault. If he hadn't invited Jenna in the first place, none of this would've happened. 

Harry had to pay, and I was going to make sure he did.