Ch.2 Date Night

I woke up the next morning to a soft knock on the door. I stumbled out of bed and walked to go open it. I was greeted by Erin with a steaming cup of coffee complete with lots of sugar and cream. My favorite! I sat it down on my night stand to let it cool off a bit.

"Thanks Erin! You really didn't have to bring me coffee." I said greatfully.

"Don't mention it. I was already awake and was going to get some for myself anyways," Erin was that kind of girl that would do anything for someone..even a complete stranger. She was caring and bubbly, without being annoying."What are your plans for the day Tay?" She laughed noticing that she rhymed.

"I was probably just going to walk around the campus and see where my upcoming classes are."

"Ahh, I see. Let's throw that idea out the window right now. What would you say if I could get you to go see Liam again?"

"That'd be great.,but he has my number and hasn't called or anything. I feel like using you to find him would be a little overwhelming. Don't you think?" Just then my phone started buzzing. I looked at the caller ID and didn't recognize it at all. I picked it up and was surprised to hear that sultry British accent on the opposite end.

"Taylor? I hope this is the right number." He said a little embarrassed.

"Liam...? Hey! How are you?" I replied a little too soon.

"Great, great. Hey, I was wondering...uhh..do you want to meet up with me tonight? You know, like dinner or the bar maybe?" God, he was so cute when he sounded nervous. Of course I was going to say yes. This guy was beyond gorgeous, and he wanted to take me out!

"Sounds lovely. Pick me up at 8?" He agreed and I hung up the phone.

"What did he say? Tell me!" Erin squealed.

I went on and told her about my plans with Liam tonight. She was so excited for me. Then it hit me. I had a date with Liam Payne. Sure, I didn't really know who he was, but everyone else did! I was scared that I wouldn't be good enough for him. Maybe he was just using me. I'm not the hottest girl out there. I'm tall, 5'10", have straight,long dirty blonde hair, and have an athletic body type. But I was nothing compared to other girls. I didn't wear a lot of make-up, I wore simple outfits, and I played sports all through high school instead of partying. Erin noticed my face expression change.

"Tay? What's going on?" She sounded worried.

"I'm going on a date with Liam Payne!" I shouted, "He's famous and I'm just a pre-law student from America. There's tons of gorgeous girls here and I can assure you, I don't measure up. No matter what, I'm not good enough for him." I said sheepishly.

"Taylor. No...don't feel that way. Liam isn't that type of guy. He's caring, sweet, and passionate. I know what' he's like, and he doesn't usually ask girls on dates. He's actually quite shy around girls, but if it helps I could come with you! We could double. I'll ask Harry to come along" Erin was definately a life saver.

"Really? You sure? I would absolutely love that. You're the best!" I cheered and gave her a big hug. I sent Liam a quick text so he'd know that I was excited about our date.

Can't wait for tonight! See you soon :) xx Within 2 minutes, my phone was buzzing. It was Liam.

Harry and I will be there on the dot! I can't wait either. ;)

I looked at the clock and noticed that it was 6pm. We only had 2 hours to make ourselves look presentable. I looked at Erin and back at the clock and she quickly understood. We went straight to work. I curled my hair into loose strands, put on a form-fitting high-waisted mini skirt, and a loose white tank top tucked in. Erin had her dark hair pin-straight down her back. She was wearing a backless baby blue dress that was tight fitting. We did each other's make up, and I have to admit, we looked amazing, which is something new for me. I looked at the clock again. 8pm, and sure enough a loud knock on the door.