Ch.12 What Was I Thinking?

I rolled over and let out small groan. I heard ruffling around the room. I opened my eyes to see Ryan putting back on his clothes. He was tiptoeing towards the door once he got his jeans fully on.

"What are you doing?" I asked confused.

He turned around with a defeated expression. I caught him trying to sneak out, and here I was thinking he was a genuinely sweet guy.

"Oh, uh..nothing. I just needed to get going, and didn't want to wake you, love." He said panicked.

"Just go." I turned back over and hid my face in my pillows. I heard the door close and Ryan was gone. I should've known that this was going to happen again. Was there something about me that made men want to only have one night stands? I didn't understand. The memory of waking up with out Liam entered my brain and I shuttered the thought. He had an excuse. What was Ryan's?

Seeing Liam yesterday brought back all of the good times we used to share. The simplicity of our relationship was something I truely missed. We could be sitting alone in silence and just be content with being next to each other. We understood each other probably better than we understood ourselves. 

If he loved me like I thought he did, then why did he do what he did? I never gave him any reason to cheat. I turned down Harry, a perfectly good guy, for him. What did he do? Cheated on me with his skankish ex. Still, I knew I would forgive him in time. I loved him too much not to. Deep down, I always knew we were meant to be. From the moment I saw him at the bar I could tell. This was just another obstacle. At least that's what I hoped.

I figured I better take a shower and get ready for the day. I shaved my legs and washed my hair. I got out and decided to put on a pair of rolled up khaki chinos, a white button-down tanktop, and a navy cardigan. I put on my boots and glasses and decided to go shopping.

I was in Jack Wills looking through sweaters when I heard a familiar voice. I turned around to see Louis and Harry talking about what color of chinos to buy. I walked over to them and hugged them from behind. I hadn't seen them since my split with Liam. They turned around and gave me a huge grin when they saw me.

"Taylor Boss? Is that you?" Louis yelled as he picked me up and spun me around. Oh how I missed him. "Where have you been missy? I mean, no calls, no texts, nothing." He said with a sassy tone.

"I know, I'm sorry." I replied looking at the floor. It wasn't their faults. I should've kept in touch, but they reminded me of Liam, and it hurt me to think about him.

"I missed you." Harry said while reaching for my hands. I gave him a smile and hugged him.

"I missed you too, Mr.Flirt." while chuckling and giving him a wink.

Louis and Harry laughed.

"So, what are you doing here?" Louis piped in.

"Uhm...nothing really. Just shopping around."

"Let us help you. We know what looks good on women." Harry said with a cheeky smirk.

I gave in and let them each pick out an outfit for me. I went to the dressing room and decided to put on Louis' outfit first. It was simple, but very flattering. It consisted of a pair of Crothwaite shorts, Errismore Vest, and a Horncliffe jacket. I stepped out of the fitting room and posed for the boys.

"It looks great!" Louis yelled. He was so proud of his choice. I'm not going to lie, it did look good. I really liked it. 

"Not as good as mine will." Harry said while winking at me.

I headed back into fitting room and started putting on Harry's outfit. He chose an Ashcott mini skirt and a Tomlin Vest. Typical Harry. I came out of the dressing room and saw Harry's jaw drop. Louis stared at me then gave Harry a high-five.

"Atta boy!" Louis said.

"Nice pic, Styles." I said whilst laughing.

"Told you it'd look good." I continued laughing and went back to change into my regular clothes. I decided that I would buy Louis' outfit that he picked for me, and a pair of blue trousers. I said my goodbyes to the boys and headed home. I looked at my phone and saw that it was already 4pm. I hung up my new outfit and turned on my laptop. 

After a couple minutes of surfing the web, I heard faint music playing from outside. I went to my window, and to my surprise, there stood Niall playing the guitar and Liam singing.

"From the moment I saw you alone on that Friday night,

I knew that I needed you, you showed me the light,

I'd never been so nervous, God did this on purpose, 

He wanted me to change for you.

So baby, give me one last chance, 

to show you that I can be your man,

I need you to know that not everything I do,

reflects how much that I love you.

I know that I broke your heart,

when you saw me with her,

All I wanted was you from the start,

I have no more connections with her.

So baby, give me one last chance,

to show you that I can be your man,

I need you to know that not everything I do,

reflects how much that I love you."

Tears instantly filled my eyes and I let them flow down my cheeks. Liam did this for me. He still loves me. I sprinted downstairs and leaped into his arms. I kissed him so passionately forgetting that Niall was even there still. Liam pulled away from our kiss and hugged me so tight.

"I never gave up on us. I will always love you. I'm so sorry." Liam whispered in my ear. I kissed him again and never wanted to let go.

Author's Note:

Thank you everyone for reading! Please comment below for suggestions, critiques, etc. I need all the feeback I can get. Also, a few of you messaged me asking what the name of the song was, and I actually wrote that specially for this Fan Fic. Enjoy!