Ch.7 Setting It Straight

Erin and I were dead silent while Elle, the interviewer, introduced Liam. You could heard dozens of screaming girls in the audience shouting for Liam's attention. Little did they know that he was just about to break their hearts.

"Welcome on the show Liam," Elle said in a rather annoying voice, "I hear you have some news for us?"

Liam looked calm. They must train the boys or something. I didn't know how he could sit there so calm. He cleared his voice and spoke.

"Yes I did, actually. You see, yesterday I lied to you." You could hear gasps coming from the audience. Probably prompters telling them to do so. "I told you that Taylor, the girl I was seen out with, was just an old friend. Truth is, Taylor's not a friend. She's so much more to me."

I started blushing and couldn't stop my self from smiling ear to ear. The camera-man put the audience on the screen and there were tons of girls crying and shouting. I was guessing they didn't love the idea. Although I was upset that the girls didn't give me a chance, I decided I didn't really care what they thought. Liam was mine, and I was his. I had my friends, school, a great guy, and my family. That's all I really needed.

"I know this isn't like me guys, and I deeply apologize for lying to you all. I wasn't sure how the fans would take me having a girlfriend, and I didn't want to dissapoint you guys. It turns out, I was hurting Taylor by not telling you the truth about her and I."

Liam was such a sweet man. The fans would definately forgive him. But, would they forgive me? I took 1/5 of their band off the market. I just hoped they would try get to know me before they permenantly decided how they felt about mine and Liam's relationship.

"So what is the story between you and Taylor? We want to know everything." Elle chimed in.

"It was on a Friday night. Taylor was sitting at a pub downtown when I noticed her. I figured she was just like any other girl, but for some reason, I couldn't look away. As you all know, I'm the shy one. But not that night. I walked straight up to Taylor and asked for her number. Luckily, she gave it to me. I called her up the next day and asked her out to dinner. Harry and Erin, Paul's daughter, joined us. Before rumors start, I would just like to clarify that Harry is not dating Erin. Erin and Taylor are roomates, so Erin just tagged along to make things less awkward. Anyways, Taylor looked absolutely stunning. She's always gorgeous in my eyes, and her personality is just overwhelmingly brilliant. Dinner went well, and then I took her back to her dorm. I gave her a goodnight kiss and went back to my flat. After that, I was hooked. I needed Taylor. Change that. I need Taylor. I'm very sorry to all the fans out there. I never wanted to hurt any of you. You're what keeps the band going, and me dating Taylor isn't going to change anything. There's room for everyone. Please try to get to know Taylor like I do. You'll see how great of a girl she is." He turned back to Elle who now had "tears" in her eyes.

"That was so touching Liam. Thank you for sharing your story with us. If I may, what is Taylor's last name? You know how media can be." Liam chuckled and looked in the camera. I felt like he was looking into my eyes. He winked and smiled.

"Her name is Taylor Boss, and she's got that one thing." The audience laughed and so did Elle. One thing...why did that sound framilar? Just then, Erin broke out into song.

"I don't, I don't don't know what it is but I need that one thing, that you've got, that..one thing."

Ohhh! Now I remember. It was one of their hit songs..how cute Liam. I started singing along with Erin. We turned off the TV and had a little dance party by ourselves.

"Tay, let's go surprise Liam at his place!" Erin exclaimed.

"Let's." I continued dancing and smiled at Erin.

Erin called up Louis, Harry, Niall, and Zayn. They all agreed to meet at Liam's for a small party. I figured Harry would still be upset with me, but I was sure he would eventually understand. When we got to Liam's, the boys were already waiting for us outside. Louis told me he had a spare key to Liam's flat.

"Don't tell him I have it though. He doesn't know I do." Louis told us, I laughed at him.

Harry opened the door for everyone. I was the last one to walk through when I felt Harry's arm pull me back.

"Please don't tell anyone what I am about to tell you." Harry told me, and I agreed. "I'm not going to give up on you. I can see it in your eyes when you look at me. There's something deep down inside of you that wants me. Wants to be with me. I know, I know, Liam had you first, but that shouldn't matter. I want to be your last. That's what matters. And if you look me in the eyes right now, and tell me that you feel nothing for me, then I will leave it be. We can be friends. Strictly friends."

I looked down and Harry pulled my chin up so I was forced to look into his beautiful green eyes. I didn't know what to say. I had such strong feelings for Liam, but there was still something about Harry. I still couldn't put my finger on it.

"Please Tay...say something." Harry pleaded.

I shook my head, "There's something about you Harry. Everytime I see you, I get nervous. When we touch I get a slight case of the butterflies. But..." I looked back up at him. There was sorrow in his eyes. He wasn't going to like what i had to say, but I needed to say it. Afterall, Liam was honest today. Now it was my turn. "I can't say I don't have feelings for you, but they are miniscule compared to what I feel for Liam. It's like comparing a fly to a whale. Which outweighs the other?" I was trying to make sense, but wasn't sure if I was. "Do you get what I'm telling you?"

"Yes." I was relieved when he said this. "That there's hope." He said with a cheeky grin showing off his dimple. He kissed my cheek and went inside. This boy was relentless.

I heard a car come around the bend, and ran inside in case it was Liam. False alarm. Erin, Louis, and Zayn were sitting on the couch, while Harry was in the bathroom. I looked around for Niall, and he was, of course, digging through the fridge.

"Damn Liam. You need to do some grocery shopping." Niall said angrily as he opened a jar of nutella. He noticed me watching him and smiled. "Oh, sorry. Didn't see ya there." I giggled and walked over to him.

"Hey, do you think I can talk to you for a minute?" He agreed and we walked upstairs to Liam's game room. "It's about Erin..she fancies you Niall." I couldn't help but see him blush.

"I wish!" He snorted.

"I'm being dead serious. She just thinks you don't fancy her back."

"Well, how could she think that? I mean, have you seen her? She's gorgeous." So Niall did, in fact, like Erin. I figured he would. They would be great together. I told Niall that he should make a move and he seemed excited. We went back down stairs and he went to go sit next to her while I heated up some lasagna.

About half an hour had gone by and I heard Louis scream, "You guys, he's here!" I could see Liam's mustang pull up outside of the kitchen window. Butterflies went flying in my stomache. He walked up the steps and unlocked the door. When he turned to face where we were sitting he screamed. We all started laughing and eventually so did Liam.

The boys exchanged high fives, handshakes, and hugs with Liam, and he soon made his way over to me. I smiled at him and he held out his arms. I gladly jumped right into them and held him for what seemed like ages. He rubbed the small of my back and whispered in my ear, "I love you." I looked him in the eyes and said, "I love you too." He leaned down and kissed me. I could feel his tongue licking the crease of my lips and granted him access. I heard the boys shouting, "Go Liam! Ow owww!" and Liam pulled away and threw the oven mitt at them. He turned towards me and kissed me passionately once again.

"Thank you for everything Liam. You mean the world to me." I moved my hands away from his neck and placed them around his back and gave him a hug. He put his muscular arms around me and queezed me so tight, but I loved it.

"Well you are my world, love." He said and kissed my forehead.