CHAPTER 16

KADAL'S POV
We are running through the Dark Forest, guided by just the moonlight... Wait, something's weird... I was being accompanied by Yeonjun and Soobin, but where are they right now?

How's that I'm running alone? I suddenly arrive to a little house in the middle of a clear... What's with this place? I stop running and start walking slowly... I'm trying to catch my breath...

I'm facing the floor, taking a look to my now burning shoes... Woah, I've been running for a while non stop... I look up and suddenly, my eyes meet with with other similar ones...

It has been five years since I last saw her... She killed Lia's friends, but also advised me not to get too close to humans... She knew that this would happen... She knew that one day, my real me would show up and I would be rejected... She knew everything...

Oh Ryujin... Why didn't I obey you that time? Was it because of my rebel era? Was it because I was blind because of love? I don't know the reason, but I know that I was wrong...

-Kadal: Ryu-
-Ryujin: (places her finger on your lips) It's been a while, right? (smiles)

-Kadal: Ryu--Ryujin: (places her finger on your lips) It's been a while, right? (smiles)

-Ryujin: I know... I know it. I know what you feel towards me... But I'm not gonna allow you to say it out loud because it still hurts me... (sighs)
-Kadal: (removes her finger) You don't know what I'm going to say... (sighs) I wanted to say that I'm glad to see you again, Ryujin (smiles)

RYUJIN'S POV
Agh... It can't be... He's smiling at me... That smile isn't supposed to be addressed to me, I don't deserve it, I have hurted him way too much... I ignored his feelings and necessities-

Huh?! Suddenly, I feel something really warm wrapping my cold skin... Kadal, no, Moonchild... He's hugging me, it's been a while since he last did this... And now, it feels totally different...

Is it because he's older now? Is it because we have never felt this feelings? Is it because we are being bathed by the moonlight? I don't know what is it, but it is making my heart race like never...

KADAL'S POV
-Kadal: I've missed you.
-Ryujin: (snuggles on your shoulder) Me too...
-Kadal: Ryujin... You were right, and I've been acting like a total idiot... (sighs)
-Ryujin: It's okay, as you can see, you were never alone... You have us, you don't need them... (smiles and caress your cheek)
-Kadal: It is too late now... I've betrayed you all for five years, and I'm really sorry... (looks down)
-Ryujin: (moves her head denying) You haven't betrayed us... We understand that you had to experience love, and it happened to be with a human... That's okay, don't worry... (smiles) Now, what matters is that you are finally back...
-Kadal: Ryujin... (realizes) And the rest?! Are they still in Whitemount fighting against the humans?! We must return there and help them!
-Ryujin: Keep calm, keep calm... They are returning... Don't worry (smiles) Humans can't defeat us that easily...
-Kadal: What a relief... (chuckles)
-Ryujin: So... Can you tell me what happened exactly?
-Kadal: (looks down) I think that it just doesn't matter if we are good persons or not. To their eyes, we are just monsters, no matter how we act...

-Ryujin: I don't want to say it right now, but

-Ryujin: I don't want to say it right now, but... I told you. I told you not to get way too close to them... (sighs)
-Kadal: I know... I'm sorry, I really am... I just wanted to propose to Lia today, I was actually planning to ask her to marry me... But, she discovered my real me... (sighs)
-Ryujin: And that's the problem, how are you going to marry someone who doesn't accept your real you? It doesn't make sense! (smiles) Find someone who loves you just the way you are-
-Yeonjun: It's been a long time Moonchild~ (jumps on your back making you fall)
-Soobin: Hyung, you are gonna hurt him...
-Hyuka: I also want to join them! (runs and climbs on Yeonjun's back)
-Taehyun: (walks towards Ryujin) I guess we didn't have to give up at all...

-Ryujin: Yeah, you were right

-Ryujin: Yeah, you were right... (smiles) You didn't want to give up on your friendship that easily...
-Taehyun: It was not for me, it was for you, you were the one who was affected... (flustered)
-Soobin: Taehyun-ah, it's not good to tell lies... (teasing)
-Taehyun: Leave me alone-
-Kadal: Taehyun... (stands in front of him)
-Taehyun: What?
-Kadal: (smiles) I've missed you bro
-Taehyun: (looks down while smiling) I've missed you too...

I then approach Tae and give him a bro hug, wait a moment... Have we always been this tall? Ryujin looks a little bit small right now... What happened to her?!

-Kadal: Hey, Ryujin... Are you smaller now?
-Ryujin: (starts to get pissed)
-Yeonjun: Oh, Moonchild is about to take out Ryujin's beast... (joking) Fast, let's hide or we are dead...

Everyone starts running except for Ryujin and I... Is she pissed because she's now much shorter than us? I didn't know that would bother her... I mean, I just became an adult... I'm a man now.

-Ryujin: You've grown taller... (smiles) You are a man now...
-Kadal: Ah, I see... And since vampires doesn't change their image... (chuckles) I understand everything now...
-Ryujin: Kadal... You are now back to living with me, right?
-Kadal: Living with you?! It's been five years, and I think that that time changed us a bit... Wouldn't it be a little bit awkward for the both of us?
-Ryujin: (truly pissed) I hate you! (hits your arm)
-Kadal: Huh? Why?! I can be your neighbor... (chuckles and chases her)
-Ryujin: Leave me alone... I said that I hate you... (chuckles and starts running)
-Kadal: Yah! Ryujin come back! (chases her)

I guess that now, I can totally say that I am back... And also, I have realized something really important, I was never alone before. I always had them, then... Why did I need to experience such sweet but hurtful time with Lia? I don't understand...