CHAPTER 2

MOONCHILD'S POV
I return back home, where Ryujin is reading an old book... It is titled "Dear Enemy", it's one of her favorites... She likes to read about human dramas, I don't know exactly why. I find more interesting to read about magic creatures likes us...

-Moonchild: I'm back (smiles) And look, I got a rabbit!
-Ryujin: Oh, that's really great... We haven't been able to eat meat for a while (smiles and closes the book)
-Moonchild: Let's prepare it?
-Ryujin: Yeah, I was starting to be hungry... (chuckles)

-While cooking the rabbit-

-Ryujin: So, how was it? Did you have fun with Taehyun? (smiles)
-Moonchild: How do you know that I was with him?
-Ryujin: Because you said wolves before, and the only werewolf here around your age is Taehyun (srughs and smiles)
-Moonchild: Yeah, we are almost like brothers... (smiles)
-Ryujin: Yeah, after all you are like his moon... And since he's a wolf, the moon is really important for him... I think that he would serve you if you ever asked him to... (chuckles)
-Moonchild: What's that thing of serving? We are just friends...
-Ryujin: It is a tradition for magic creatures to serve someone during their young years... That way they become wiser, you know? (smiles)
-Moonchild: Who did you serve, Ryujin?
-Ryujin: Me? I served a really special and cool vampire called...
-Moonchild: Dahyun
-Ryujin: How do you know about her?
-Moonchild: I heard you calling her on your sleep more than a time... (chuckles)
-Ryujin: You should be sleeping by that time... (sighs)
-Moonchild: I can't sleep at nights, not when she's calling me... (sighs)
-Ryujin: Moonchild... Well, she's part of you, you belong to her (smiles) but you need to rest at nights...
-Moonchild: Night... I hate nights...
-Ryujin: Huh?
-Moonchild: You wouldn't understand it, it doesn't matter... (fake smiles) Let's change the topic...
-Ryujin: I'm really worried about you... You know?
-Moonchild: You don't need to worry about me. Instead you should focus on finding a servant (smiles) Someone would like to serve you, right?
-Ryujin: It is not that easy... That servant would need to...
-Moonchild: Would need to?
-Ryujin: Allow me to access to his blood... (looks down)
-Moonchild: Dahyun sucked your blood then?!
-Ryujin: That's how I became a vampire... (smiles)
-Moonchild: You need to find a human, then (smiles)
-Ryujin: Yeah... But it is not easy, humans hate magical creatures...
-Moonchild: Really? Why?
-Ryujin: You wouldn't understand...
-Moonchild: Hmm... I guess there are some stuff that we both can't understand...

-Ryujin: Yeah, that's how it is

-Moonchild: But don't worry, I'll help you to find a servant (smiles) I have nothing to do anyway... And about the belonging thing, she follows me wherever I go, so it is not a problem...
-Ryujin: Are you seriously gonna come with me looking for a servant?
-Moonchild: Yeah, we've been together for too long... It would be weird if we got separated now... (smiles) I'll always be with you Ryujin, just as the moon is always with me...
-Ryujin: (blushes) I have raised you really good... (pats your head)

-Time skip to that night-

I can't sleep... It is always like this... I'm already inside my bed, but my eyes are wide open and the light is filling my room really bright...

I leave the bed and head to my window, and there she is, shining really bright as everyday... And then, I start feeling it... That feeling that I hate... My hair is changing the color, and I'm being dragged by those horrible emotions again...

-Moonchild: Why are you up there when I am down here?! Why did Ryujin rised me if you were always there? Why am I the only moonchild? Why must I feel lonely all the nights? Why can't you let me sleep? Why am I like this? (starts crying)

I always have a lot of questions that are never answered. I got used to this kind of interactions with her, after all, she's the one taking care of me when the sun is missing...

This is my real me. This is my day time, I belong to the night, and what is most important, I belong to the moon. This is not my place, I'm here just because Ryujin took care of me... If not, I would be probably dead.

And what's the point of keeping me alive if it is this hurtful?

RYUJIN'S POV
I wake up because of the annoying sunlight kissing my skin, and head straight to the living room. It is really weird, Moonchild is oversleeping again...

Suddenly, someone knocks on our door, I wonder who is it this early... I open the door slowly to find a really tall boy.

-Soobin: Hi, is Moonchild at home? (smiles)
-Ryujin: What is a dragonut doing here at this time?
-Soobin: We are gonna head to the river to play a bit, we were wondering if Moonchild wanted to come along us... (smiles)
-Ryujin: He probably would, but he's still sleeping... (smiles)
-Soobin: Ah, I see... Well tell him to come with us later (smiles)
-Ryujin: Yeah, don't worry (smiles and closes the door)

He has lots of friends, but when it comes to night, it seems like he feels really lonely. What is it, then? What does he need to be happy? Is he at that age where he needs a girl?

How do humans call it? Is he on his teens already? I read that during that time, they experience lots of emotions and that it is usually when they experience a romance...

Maybe that's it, maybe he just needs a girl... Someone he can love as a woman... And hopefully, someone who will make him feel accompanied all the time... Yeah, that's it, we need to start our trip as soon as possible...

I take an old map of the forest and search for a human town... We'll need to move to the other forest's extreme and take that chance to not only find a servant for me, but also a girl for Moonchild.