CHAPTER 15

KADAL'S POV
-Three years later-

It has been around five years since we moved to Whitemount, which means that it has been five years since I'm with Lia... And God, I think that it is the best decision that I ever took...

And, since Lia is the best thing and most precious person to me, I have decided to propose to her... Yup, since we are both adults now, I think that we should go a little bit further with our relationship...

-Kadal: Princess, today I'll need to return a little bit later, okay? (smiles and kisses her cheek)-Lia: Why? Are you doing extra hours for buying something? Maybe we can afford it if we both earn a part of--Kadal: No, no

-Lia: Why? Are you doing extra hours for buying something? Maybe we can afford it if we both earn a part of-
-Kadal: No, no... (chuckles) I just promised my boss that I would do something for him... So, just as always, please go to sleep and don't worry about me...
-Lia: But-
-Kadal: (pecks her lips) Don't worry (winks) I'll be here even before you notice my absence... See you tomorrow (chuckles and leaves)

I can't tell her that I'm planning to but a ring for my proposal... It would ruin it... I know that nowadays it is not necessary to have that kind of proposal, but I think that Lia will love it... And that's what matters after all, right?

-Time skip until you finish working-

I have no time. I rush to a jewelry store and buy the ring that I think that Lia will like the most... This is a really hard decision, this ring will be really important from now on, so it must be perfect.

I then exit the store, and spot the moonlight... Damn it, not now. As fast as I can, I put my hood on trying to hide my changing hair...

Then, I start running back home, and once I enter, I place my bag and everything at the kitchen's main table... Agh, I can say that I am finally save...

Or that's what I thought... Suddenly, I hear someone behind, it's obviously Lia using a latter... Oh no... This is seriously going to end bag if I don't come up with a great excuse...

-Lia: Kadal? Is that you?

-Lia: Kadal? What happened to your hair? (confused) -Kadal: Yeah, w-what's wrong babe? (smiles) -Lia: Did you dye your hair? -Kadal: Oh, well

-Kadal: Yeah, w-what's wrong babe? (smiles)
-Lia: Did you dye your hair?
-Kadal: Oh, well... It's not actually that I dyed my hair... We need to talk Lia... (sighs)
-Lia: Y-Yeah...

We head to the couch and take a sit... Then a really big and awkward silence invade us... I glance at her, but she's avoiding my eyes... I guess that she's waiting for me to start the conversation...

-Kadal: Fine, so... Lia, I haven't talked you about my parents yet, right?
-Lia: No...
-Kadal: Okay, so... My parents, they are not human... At least not the originals... I mean, I had some humans parents because I was born as a human...
-Lia: Yeah...
-Kadal: But my real mother, is up there (points to the sky)
-Lia: What do you mean?
-Kadal: Lia... I'm... I'm the moonchild... I don't have humans parents because they abandoned me when they saw that their child's hair changed at nights... (sighs) And that's why Ryujin took care of me all this time... She found me in the middle of the forest, a full moon night, while I was being bathed in the moonlight...
-Lia: You are not human, then?!
-Kadal: I am not... (looks down) I'm sorry for keeping it secret from you for this much time, but I-
-Lia: That's disgusting... (gets up and moves away)
-Kadal: What? (tries to touch her)
-Lia: Don't touch me! (panicking) You are the same... You are like that crazy thing called Ryujin!
-Kadal: I am not, Lia I'm in love with you... I would never do anything to you or-
-Lia: I don't want to hear it! You are just as disgusting as she is! You have tricked me... (shaking) What are you going to do now?! Huh?! Kill me like she wanted to do?!
-Kadal: Lia, please keep calm...
-Lia: Shut it! I don't want to hear you anymore...
-Kadal: Lia, please... (takes the ring)

 (takes the ring)

-Kadal: Look... (shows her the ring) This is the reason why I arrived later today... I'm planning to propose to you because I really want-
-Lia: I want to break up...
-Kadal: Eh? (blank)
-Lia: I really want to break up, I don't want to be related with such dangerous and disgusting thing... Get out of my life... Right now!
-Kadal: (drops the ring) Lia, I'm being honest, I seriously love you!
-Lia: Someone, please help me! There's a magic creature inside my house! (screaming)

I panic... Lia is calling for help when she knows that I'm not going to do anything to her... Please, is this a nightmare? Soon, I hear how people is entering the house... I must escape...

-Man: There we have our target! (points to you)

Fuck! I jump through the window... But they are still following me, and when I thought that I would be caught, someone jumps on them to keep them away from me...

-Someone: Run away...
-Kadal: Eh?
-Someone: Run away you idiot! Haven't you heard me?! Ryujin is waiting for you!

-Kadal: Eh?-Someone: Run away you idiot! Haven't you heard me?! Ryujin is waiting for you!

-Kadal: Tae?! (surprised)
-Taehyun: Run! Damn it!

I'm really surprised... I mean, I'm also hurted because of what just happened between Lia and I... But, I'm really surprised to see Tae here... Like, why is he here?! How did he know?!

I run to the forest and suddenly, I spot Yeonjun and Soobin... They are guiding me through a path... I wonder where are we heading... And Huening, where is him?

-Kadal: Huening... Where is him?! (while running)
-Soobin: Helping Tae... (chuckles) It's really good to see you again, Moonchild...

Moonchild... Damn it, it has been so long since I last heard someone calling me like that... It hurts me, it feels like it is stealing my soul... But somehow, it makes me feel excited too...

What's wrong with me? Am I feeling a relief because I'm finally starting to be myself again? God damn it, I'm experiencing one of those epiphanies right now?! This is not the moment!