Chapter 158

“To our room! To our room, my love! And you said only after marriage! After marriage, right? And now you can’t wait even until tonight?! My excited darling! You’re on fire! Do you know what? We’ll make love for hours! For hours! Let the children awake with the nurse. So what? Who knows how long they’ll be drowsy?”

Pascal rushed into the Mayor’s office and saw that the painting had been moved. He called the elevator. “That’s why you sent me away, you little fox! Like, I should address the people. Like, it can’t wait until tomorrow, or the day after. It has to be immediately. So that you could go to our room before me and put on your gold kimono! The gold kimono! My love, my wife, my goddess!”

He rushed into their shelter and was stunned. Manami stood in front of their cover, in their room, wearing the gold kimono.

“My beauty! You’re wonderful! Gorgeous! You’re even prettier than in my dreams!”

Then he looked at her face. He saw that from a small split in the middle of her upper lip, at the top of that small heart that he loved to kiss so much, like the thinnest strand, in silence, without any gurgle, flowed the first trickle of her blood.

He bit down hard on his lower lip and when he felt the taste of blood he rushed towards Manami.

“Don’t Pascal! You can’t! Because of the children!” shouted Manami and ran behind the couch. She stayed there, her back turned towards him.

Pascal was completely stunned.  He didn’t say anything. Only tears poured from his eyes.