Chapter 45

“And I created the Association around my Kaella Cosmic Energy Corporation,” Mr. Kaella presented his life’s journey to the viewers. “I sent a public invitation for all companies to join me.

“Dear viewers, don’t think that everything went smoothly. On the contrary, it was a lengthy process. I traveled the world and spoke to and begged CEOs and managing boards to hear me out. Some did and some companies joined the Association. But they were a minority.

“At one moment I had had enough of the begging and convincing. I created two prices for my energy: one was for the companies that were part of the Association, and the other, ten times higher, for those that were not.

“In the following months all the companies either joined or simply collapsed. Miss Babe, perhaps your viewers are confused,” Mr. Kaella looked at Babe. “I am aware that people call the Association of Companies simply the Company, but this is not a single company, neither legally and formally, nor by ownership.

“My family fully owns only our company, which dear Consumers, provides you with energy, water, food… We later also took over pharmaceuticals, in order to be certain that all people would have access to medicaments, and my son also took over all infrastructural and construction businesses, in order to provide people with new, modern apartments in our planet’s green oases.

“For the other things, which are not of vital importance in your lives, dear viewers, i.e. in the other companies, which we today call sectors of the Association, our family has only majority, but not full ownership.

“Well… you yourself know. You all have shares in the sectors for vehicles and transportation, for communication and internet, for consumer electronics, for interior decorating, for retail, for film production… music, for fashion accessories…”

“Miss Babe,” Mr. Kaella suddenly said loudly. “Had I known that you would look like this today, I would have bought shares in the fashion accessory sector. Thanks to you they will skyrocket after this show.”

The three of them laughed.