Chapter 7

"Alice, get the god damn door!" I hear my sister Chloe yells from the bathroom.

How am i supposed to get it while I'm trying to tug on these jeans? Does she want me to go down there half naked? I pull my pants the rest of the way up the go to my drawers to search for a shirt. Suddenly Chloe bursts into my room with curlers still in her hair. Seriously who even uses those anymore?

"Are you deaf i said go get the door." Chloe says angrily.

"I'm sorry! I didn't have any clothes on yet." I explain.

"It's probably one of your stupid friends." She sneers. "Now, hurry up!"

"Fine." I say quietly. I put on my makeup quickly grab my backpack and rush downstairs. I look into the living room to see Sylvia passed out on the couch. I shake my head and open the front door to see Keegan and Nina waiting for me.

"Hey." I smile. I see a red Ferrari drive up to the curb filled with the 'popular' girls. They beep their horn loudly and Chloe comes barreling down the stairs and pushes me out of the way. She runs over to them her mini skirt riding up she doesn't even bother to pull it down. She gets in and i hear a chorus of 'Hey clo'. I hate all of them seriously were they all born without a brain? They speed off toward school.

"So, ready to go?" Nina asks.

"Yeah." I say and close the door quietly hoping not to wake up Sylvia or as most people know her 'my mom'.

We all walk to Nina's white convertible. Her family has a lot of money since her dad owns a corporate business. Nina doesn't like to flash her money around though other than her car which she refers to as her 'baby'.

"You seem like your in a great mood today miss sunshine." Keegan says sarcastically on the ride to school.

"Yeah my morning was wonderful. Nothing is better than having to deal with a snobby sister first thing in the morning." I say sarcasm dripping off every word.

"Hey, she isn't that bad." Keegan says. Um, since when did he start thinking my sister was 'not that bad'? He used to hate her guts from what i remember.

"Come live at my house for a day and then tell me Chloe's 'not that bad'." I say.

"Keegan, i thought you hated Chloe." Nina says. That's exactly what i was thinking.

"I don't hate her. She's pretty cool." He says. I feel jealousy surge through me. Is my sister on of those girls he was telling me about?

"Well, i hate her." I interject.

"Alice, she's your sister. You can't hate family." Keegan argues.

"I can if i want." I say.

"Whatever." He huffs. The rest of the ride was pretty awkward since Keegan and i aren't getting along and Nina had no clue what to say. Well, today is going to be amazing (note my sarcasm).

"We're here." Nina sighs. We all get out and i start heading towards the school when someone stops me. I turn to see Keegan holding onto my wrist.

"Al, I'm sorry. I just didn't have a good morning." He says.

"Tell me about it." I sigh.

"Well, come on. We have history first." He says draping his arm around my shoulders.

"Don't fall asleep in class today. If i hear Mr.West yelling at you I'm positive i'll get a migraine." I say.

"No promises." Keegan smirks. I roll my eyes at him and we head to history class.

So today we had to learn about the Civil War or something. I have no clue why he's still trying to teach us stuff the last day of school is tomorrow. I was starting to fall asleep when Mr.West slams his hands down on someones desk. I shoot up from my comfortable position and see him glaring at Keegan. Oh, great.