Chapter 2

I felt butterflies flutter in my stomach last night when Keegan hugged me goodbye. Okay, what the hell is wrong with me I cant have feelings for my best friend! He's like a brother to me that would just be weird. But, it feels so right to feel this way about him. I doubt he likes me back though....

I hurry over to my friend Nina's house to get there before Keegan just to make him angry. I knock on the white door of her huge house and guess who answers....Keegan.

"Late again, Ali." He says with a smirk.

He knows I hate it when he calls me Ali. You have no idea how badly I want to wipe that stupid smirk off his handsome face. Wait, what? I push my weird thoughts to the back of my mind and push past him into the house.

"What, no hello?" He asks.

"Nope." I answer Popping the 'p'.

"Awww is someone jealous they got beat by me again?" He teases. I glare at him.

"Whatever, Keegan. Wheres Nina?" I ask.

"She left and just told me to wait for you." He says.

"How long have you been here exactly?" I ask somewhat jealous.

"Not that long I got here while she was leaving." He says.

"Where did she go?" I ask.

"She said she was going to her boyfriends house for the night." Keegan says wiggling his eyebrows.

"Alright. So I guess it's just me and you then." I sigh.

"Do you not want to hang out?" He asks somewhat sad.

"No, no, no that's not what I mean. I just had to tell Nina something." I say.

About how i've been falling in love with you. But, like i'd say that to him.

"You can tell me." He says.

"No I can't. It's girl stuff. Come on lets go to your house." I say and walk out the door.

I knew when I said it was 'girl stuff' Keegan wouldn't want to know. Even though him and I are best friends and I'm a girl, he likes to seem a masculine as possible. Although he isn't that manly once you spend a lot of time with him. He just likes to think he oozes manliness.

We arrive at Keegan's house soon and I'm tired because we had to walk. I flop down on the couch and sigh dramatically.

"I told you I'd give you a piggyback." Keegan says flopping next to me.

"I'm too fat." I whine poking my stomach.

"No your not, Alice." Keegan scolds me while he turns on the TV.

"And I'm ugly." I whine burying my face into the couch cushion

"What does that have to do with me carrying you?" Keegan laughs slightly.

"I don't know." I mumble into the couch. Does he think I'm ugly?

"Stop being whiny and pick a movie." He orders.

"Okay." I say and hop up from the couch. I go over to where they keep the movies and sit on the floor. I start flipping through them.

"Let's watch a scary movie." I say.

"But, you hate scary movies." Keegan says sitting behind me on the floor. He starts playing with my hair.

"I told you I'm going to start doing things differently." I say looking for a scary movie.

"Alright but, if you have nightmares your not coming in my bed." Keegan says attempting to braid my hair.

"How do girls do this?" He asks.

"What, braid hair?" I ask.

"Yes!" He says pulling my hair slightly.

"Hey, take it easy. And I don't know, not every girl can." I say.

"Can you?" He asks.

"Yes, I can braid hair." I say. I find the movie Woman In Black with Daniel Radcliffe.

"This one!" I say holding it up. Keegan release my hair so he can reaches over me to take it.

"The Woman In Black?" He asks examining the case.

"Yeah."

"Okay." He says unsure.

Throughout the movie I was almost on top of Keegan because the loud noises freaked me out. He kept getting mad when I called Daniel Radcliffe, Harry Potter the entire time we were watching the movie. We had the lights off the whole time because Keegan 'claimed' it made the movie scarier. Finally the movie was over and I was so confused.

"So, wait did he die?" I ask.

"Yes he died."

"But-what-I don't get it." I say completely confused.

"Oh my god, I'm not explaining the whole movie to you." Keegan groans attempting to get up.

"No! Stay! I'm comfy." I protest holding onto his arm.

"Fine." He say exasperated.

He grabs the remote and puts the normal TV back on. He flips through channels while I move over so I can sit on his lap.

"Comfortable?'' He asks.

"Very." I say and put my head on his shoulder.

I play with his black hair. I always liked his hair black it looks good. Way better than his normal blond hair.

"I love your hair." I whisper.

"Why are you whispering?" He whispers back.

"I don't know. Why are you?" I whisper.

"Because you are." He whispers back. We both can't help but start laughing.

"Your so weird." He says still laughing.

"You were whispering too!" I exclaim.

"Yeah but, you did first!" He says.

"Oh, shut up." I say and bury my face into his shoulder.

''Rude." He says.

I look up to see him looking at me. Our eyes lock. My eyes flash down to his oh, so kissable lips. I look back up to his eyes to see him doing the same. We unconsciously start moving our head closer to each other. I feel his lips brush against mine slightly. My mind is screaming 'No! He's your best friend, friends don't kiss friends'. But, then my heart if screaming 'Finally your going to kiss him'. If I kiss him right now this will be my first kiss. What if I don't kiss good? What if-

My thoughts get cut off by his lips crashing against mine. I try to mimic his movements with my lips. He is a really good kisser. Wait how would I know, this is my first kiss. He wraps his arm tightly around my waist and lets the other go to my hair. I wrap my arms around his neck our lips never breaking apart. I'm not sure how long we've been doing this but, I never want this to stop. Of course I have to jinx it because we hear the front door open and close. I quickly pull away and scramble off his lap. I attempt to fix my messed up hair. Damn Keegan just had to touch my hair.

"Hi, Alice." I hear his mom say as she turns the lights to the living room on.

"Hi, Fran." I smile at her. She's like a second mom since this place is like my home away from home.

"Are you staying here tonight?'' She asks.

"Yeah." I say. Although I'm not sure if Keegan wants me here after what just happened. I just hope things aren't awkward.

"Okay well dinner will be ready around 6:30." Fran smiles and walks through the living room into the kitchen.

I touch my lips that are still tingling from the kiss. I look to my left to see Keegan with a weird look on his face. Well, I just took this whole taking chances thing to a whole new level.....