Chapter 16

I walk into the crowded bustling police station with all kinds of ringing phones and police men escorting hand cuffed delinquents around. And I'm friends with one of them. I just want to know what Keegan did that was so bad during his tantrum. I understand his dad got hurt and could've died but, he has to stop being so stupid. Did he even think this may have just added stress onto his mother and father's already compromised situation? What are they going to say to Grant when he finds out, 'Hey Grant, sorry about your leg. By the way Keegan got arrested.' Yeah, that'll go over well.

Keegan's father has always been very strict with him. Whenever he got in trouble at school, which was pretty much everyday, his dad would find something for him to do to make up for it. If he couldn't find anything he would make Keegan do drills in their backyard while Grant told him about how he to do this everyday in high school when he was Keegan's age.

"Can i help you?" A police officer asks walking in front of me.

"Actually could you help me uh..." I look at his name tag, "Officer King." Wait, King? As in my last name King? No, it couldn't be it must just be a coincidence.

"Of course. What are you here for? To report something?" He asks.

"No. I'm here to pick someone up." I admit. He looks at me suspiciously.

"You don't look like the kind of girl how would be talking to delinquents like these people." He says gesturing to one of the boys sitting in the corner with tattoo sleeves on each arm, "What's you name young lady?"

"Alice. Um, well would you mind helping me find him?" I ask trying to act as polite as possible. I'm not entirely sure if police men have the authority to arrest you if you have a bad attitude so I'm trying to stay on this guys good side.

"Sure. What's their name?" He asks.

"Keegan." I reply.

''Last name?" He asks peering up at me as he bends over a table flipping through pages clipped to a clipboard.

"Oh, right sorry. Thomas is his last name." I correct myself.

"Keegan Thomas." He mumbles still flipping through the pages most likely trying to find his whereabouts.

"He's in cell 17. I'll be right back just wait here." Officer King orders setting down the clipboard.

"Thank you." I say as he walks down the direction I'm assuming is towards the cell block. I don't think they have that many cells here considering its just a downtown police station. They probably ship off the real criminals to the prison over in Weston.

"Alice?" I hear a familiar voice say from behind me. I turn to see Keegan who has a bloody nose and a forming black eye.

"Oh god, what happened?" I ask walking closer to get a better look at his face. It must have been a pretty bad fight.

"He got into a fight down at one of the local bars. He was arrested on the charges of assault and battery and underage drinking." Officer King lists off.

"Does he have to go to court or anything?" I ask nervous for the answer. If he does then Fran and Grant will find out for sure.

"Not this time since it's his first offense. He looks worse then the other guy anyway." Officer King explains unlocking Keegan's handcuffs. Keegan quickly examines his now raw wrists and rubs them try to get rid of the pain.

"Thank you so much." I say taking one of Keegan's hands.

"It's my job. Just watch yourself alright?" He says.

"I will." I give him a small smile and walk outside with Keegan.

"What the hell, Keegan! You got in a fight? You could've gotten yourself killed." I yell at him once we're over by Nina's car.