Chapter 3

Well, dinner was pretty awkward. Keegan didn't talk to me the whole time Fran had been making the food. Then, when she said dinner was ready he avoided getting even remotely close to me as we walked into the dining room which hurt. Then, we ate dinner in silence. I'm pretty sure Fran knew something weird was going on but, she didn't say anything to indicate she thought that so maybe I'm wrong.

I collected my plate and made my way into the kitchen. I went to the sink and put my plate and cutlery in there i lean against the counter and place my head into my hands. Please don't let that kiss wreck our entire friendship. I don't know what i'd do without Keegan. Suddenly i hear the door to the kitchen swing open. I look up and see Keegan. He walks next to me and places his dirty dishes into the sink and begins to run the water. He turns his head in my direction to look at me.

"Will you help me wash the dishes?" He asks.

"Uh....Sure." I say and roll up the sleeves to my sweatshirt. Don't ask why I'm wearing a sweatshirt in the summer, i just wanted to.

He pours the dish soap into the sink. After about five minutes of washing dishes in silence once again i get an idea. I splash some water from inside the sink at Keegan.

"Hey!" He says looking down at his now soaked shirt.

"Whoops." I giggle.

"Oh now your going to get it." He smiles .He grabs a dirty bowl full of water from the sink and walks towards me. I back away slowly and of course my back hits the wall.

"Keegan, please." I beg.

"Nope it's revenge." He says.

"I'll do anything!'' I say.

"Hmmm...Anything?" He says thinking and pretending to stroke an invisible beard.

"Yes anything." I plead.

''Tempting but....no." He says and throws the dirty dish water at me. Now I'm completely soaked as is the floor.

"Keegan!" I yell. He doubles over in laughter.

"That's what you get!" He says still laughing. He wipes away a none existent tear from under his eye.

"What are you two doing in here?" Fran says as she enters the kitchen. She looks from soaked Keegan to extremely soaked me and then to the floor covered in dirty dish water. Um, whoops?

"You two go get changed and i'll do the dishes from now on, okay?" She sighs.

"You got it. Come on." Keegan says and drags me out of the kitchen. He pulls me to the front door grabs my backpack off the floor and then pulls me back into the kitchen. He pushes the door to the basement open and pulls me down the stairs.

"Why are we going down to your brothers old room?" I ask. Keegan's brother now has his own family a wife and a little girl i think. If you were wondering where Keegan's dad is he's in the war. Fran and Keegan didn't want to live on one of those base camp things where they have army wives and their kids live, they preferred to stay here. I'm glad they did because i'd miss Keegan too much.

"I don't want to stay in my room tonight." He says once we reach the bottom of the steps. He lets go of my wrist.

"Why not? It was your turn to sleep on the floor though." I say.

"I know. This way we both can just sleep in the bed." He says motioning towards the queen size bed. Oh, great.

"Um, alright." I say and drop my backpack on the floor.

"Do you need any clothes?" He asks.

"Yeah, can i have one of your shirts?" I ask. I never bring a shirt to sleep in when i come here because i like to wear Keegan's since they're so comfortable.

"How is it that every time you stay here you manage to forget a shirt?" He asks.

"I dunno." I lie.

"Alright fine i'll be back in a minute." He says and runs up stairs. While he goes and gets clothes i quickly change my jeans for a pair of black fabric shorts. I walk over to the bed and climb on it.I hear Keegan run down the stairs. He sees me sitting on the bed.

"Awww come on your going to get the bed all wet with your sweatshirt." He whines.

"It's your fault." I say and climb off the bed.

"I'm not the one who told you to sit on the bed." He says handing me a shirt.

"Yeah, but you're are the one who got me soaked." I say heading towards the bathroom that's in the room.

"Whatever, you deserved it." He says, matter-of-factly

I walk into the bathroom and close the door. I let my wet sweatshirt drop to the ground and pull off the white tank top i was wearing underneath. I slip on the plain black shirt Keegan gave me and walk back out into the bedroom. There stands Keegan shirtless in in a pair of loose pajama bottoms. Must he torture me? Sure, i've see him like this a million times but, come on we just kissed not even 3 hours ago.

"Like what you see?" He says snapping me out of my trance. I stop staring at him and blush. I walk over to my backpack and pull out makeup wipes. I begin to scrub off all my makeup.

''Why do you wear that stuff?" Keegan asks.

"What, makeup?" I ask.

"Yeah." He says putting a pillow against the headboard so he can sit back.

"I dunno. It makes me look better than i do without it.'' I say. I hear Keegan mumble something but, i don't catch what he said.

"What?"i ask.

"Nothing." He sighs.

"Okay then?" I say. I finish taking off my makeup and go to the bathroom to throw the makeup wipe away. I glance at myself in the mirror. I look absolutely horrible. But, Keegan has seen me without makeup so it's nothing new to him. Although since i got these 'feelings' for him i felt slightly self conscious around him. I walk over to the bed and crawl under the covers.

"Are you going to sleep?" Keegan asks.

"No, why?" I ask.

"Because it's only 9. Why are you under the covers then?" He asks.

"Im cold." I say putting a pillow against the headboard so i can sit up.

"Come here." He says holding his arms open. I move closer to him and he wraps his left arm around me. We do this all the time, this time it feels different though.

"Can i ask you something?" He asks looking down at me. I look up at him.

"Sure." I say as i feel butterflies begin to swarm in my stomach.