Chapter 13

"Alice, what are you doing here?" Nina asks surprised as Keegan and i finally make our way over to her.

"Mia asked her to come. Janice Maguire couldn't make it today." Bryce replies. He must've followed Keegan and i over here.

"Oh, you didnt talk to-" I cut her off.

"Your mom? Yeah i already did.''

"Oh god, what did she say to you?'' Nina asks exasperatedly.

"She tried to recommend a therapist for me to talk to." I say making finger quotations around 'talk to'.

"Sometimes i really hate that woman." Nina sighs.

"Come on Nina. She's your mom." Bryce says.

"I don't care. It's why my dad divorced her. Because she can never mind her own business."

"Nina, i know you guys don't get along but, she's the only mother you've got." I say. At least she has a mother even if her mother is the wicked witch of the west.

"Alice, come with me to go get some food." Keegan says pulling me away from Bryce and Nina.

"Okay. See you guys later." I wave to them. They wave back and begin to set up for the bake sale.

"Aren't you supposed to hang out with Bryce? I'm pretty sure that's why he asked you to come." I say to Keegan as we head to a table that already has food spread out on it. He just shrugs in response.

"That was until i found out you were going to be here, too." He explains.

"Um, okay?" I say confused.

"Were you hungover yesterday?" Keegan asks stopping in front of a table covered in boxes of cupcakes. This isn't really the time for him to be talking about my hangover especially since we're at a church right now.

"Maybe." I say.

"You were! I think my bad as ways are rubbing off on you." He says licking the blue frosting off of a cupcake.

"Yeah, Keegan. Cause your such a bad ass." I laugh.

"I am." He smiles showing me his now blue teeth stained from the frosting. He's so adorable.

"You cant even eat a cupcake right." I laugh as i shake my head.

"So tell me Ms.Know-It-All, how do you eat a cupcake the right way?" He asks raising his left eyebrow.

"Like this." I say and take a big bite out of it.

"I licked that." He points out.

"I don't care. It's just you." I say taking another bite. Considering we've kissed before it doesn't matter to me if we share food. Or actually from what i've heard Keegan and i have kissed twice. I wish i could at least remember kissing him but of course i had to be drunk when it happened the second time.

"That's my cupcake give it back." He says attempting to grab it out of my hands.

"Only if you eat it the right way." I say keeping the cupcake away from him.

"Fine.'' He sighs. I smile and hand it back to him. He just licks the remaining frosting off of it. I roll my eyes and go to get my own cupcake. Even though i already ate about half of Keegan's cupcake.

"Alice! These are for the bake sale." Fran scolds me. Where the hell did she come from? Wait, am i not allowed to say hell in church, or think about the word?

"Sorry." I apologize putting the yellow frosted cupcake back.

"You too, Keegan! You should know better." Fran says to Keegan who was in the middle of licking the frosting off his fingers. He retracts his tongue back into his mouth.

"Mom, i don't think anyone will want this now." He says showing her the frosting-less cupcake with two huge bites taken out of it.She rolls her eyes at him.

"Just eat the rest of it before Mrs.Kirkwood sees you." Fran says and walks off in another direction. Keegan stuffs the rest of the cupcake into his mouth. Once he's done he wraps his arms around me and hugs me tightly. I enjoy the feel of his muscular arms around me. They must be like that from throwing around a football at practice and games. This feels so right, him and i.

"Don't ever leave me, Alice." He mumbles into my hair once he swallows the cupcake.

"I wasn't planning on going anywhere." I whisper back.

"Guys, come help us set up." Bryce calls over wrecking our moment. Keegan lets me go and follows Bryce. Instead of going with Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dumb i walk over to Nina. Where did Mia go? I haven't seen her since Bryce brought me inside.

"Do you like Keegan?" Nina asks once i reach her table.

"Of course. He's one of my best friends." I say nonchalantly.

"No, i mean do you have feelings for him, as in more than a friend." She says bluntly.

"I don't know. Why do you ask?" I ask. That was a lie, of course i like Keegan more than i friend. I'm just afraid if i tell him about my feelings it will ruin our friendship.

"Because you guys looked pretty cozy over there by the cupcakes." She says placing the last box of food on the table. I just shrug. Suddenly a whole crowd of people come into the church spreading out as they look at the tables of food.

"Time to start selling food." Nina says taking out a box to put money in and setting it onto the table.

"What should i do?" I ask.

"Help me. I'm stealing you for the day even though Janice was assigned to help Mia today." Nina says linking her arm with my own.

"Alright." I smile at her.

____________________________________________________________________________________

This chapter was more of a filler but, i hope you enjoyed it anyway.

Cupcakes!(On the side.)------------------------------->

The song is 'Stop This Song (Lovesick Melody) by: Paramore'

Taking ChancesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara