Chapter 5

"No, mom. Five more minutes." Keegan whined into his pillow after i poked him for the hundredth time.

"Keegan, Im not your mom. Now wake up it's Sunday i want to do something." I say. He just groans. Then he goes to roll off his stomach and onto his side. But, considering he's so close to the edge that wasn't a very good idea. I watch as he falls off the bed and onto the floor with a loud thump. That must have hurt...

"I hate you, Alice." Keegan says from the floor.

I poke my head over the side so i can look at him. He has amazing morning hair he looks so- Okay, no Alice remember friends don't fall in love friends. We already broke the friends don't kiss friends rule though. But, Keegan broke it twice. Wait, does the second one count for me too? In my defence i was sleeping. Or at least attempting to sleep. Does that man he- I shake away all my jumbled up thoughts.

"Awwww. No you don't. You know you love me." I giggle. I swear i heard him mumble 'i know that's the problem' but, I'm probably just imagining things. He looks up at me with a sad face. I cant help but laugh at him.

"Oh, so you think it's funny?" He asks crossing his arms over his chest. I nod my head yes still laughing at him.

"Let's see how funny it is when it happens to you." He says.

"Wait wh-" I don't have time to finish my sentence. Keegan reaches up and grabs my wrist pulling me down onto the floor next to him. Yup, i was right. It hurts to fall off the bed.

"Now who's laughing?" Keegan smiles widely.

"You." I mumble getting up off the floor.

"Exactly." He says while still laying on the floor. I roll my eyes at him in return. I begin to walk towards the stairs to go up.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"Upstairs so i can eat. You have to take me to the mall today." I explain.

"Why?" He asks sitting up but, he's still on the floor.

"Because the last day of school is on Tuesday. I want to wear a dress." I smile.

"You never wear dresses." Keegan looks at me confused.

"I'm taking chances just like you said i should." I say. I'm taking Keegan's words to heart. I know that's a stupid idea because well, Keegan said it. Maybe if i start to get some courage and take risks Keegan might like me just like those two girls he told me about last night. I just wish he felt the same about me that i feel about him. Yeah right, Keegan only thinks of me as a friend.

"Well, who said i was taking you to the mall?" Keegan asks getting up off the floor.

"I did.Now come on your mom made us breakfast.'' I say running up the stairs.

"How long have you been up?" He asks slowly making his way up the stairs. Usually I'm the lazy one.

"A while." I say as i walk in through the door and into the kitchen. The intoxicating smell of chocolate chip pancakes fills the kitchen. Chocolate chip pancakes are my favorite food, they're my weakness. Right on cue my stomach starts to growl.

"Someones hungry." Fran smiles. I blush. Keegan walks through the door leading to the basement and Fran turns her attention towards him.

"Well, look who finally decided to wake up. It took poor Alice fourty-five minutes to get you out of bed.'' Fran scolds Keegan.

"More like fall out off bed." Keegan says under his breath. I giggle. Keegan looks over at me with amusement in his eyes.

"What's so funny?" Fran asks turning her attention fully away from the pancakes. No! Don't let them burn. I keep my mouth shut though.

"Nothing." I say quickly.

She looks between Keegan and i then, gives him a look. I look over to see him rolling his eyes at his mother. I guess that's some kind of mother and son code or something. Fran shrugs and begins making plates for Keegan and i. My mouth waters as i watch her put the pancakes one by one on each of our plates. We both sit down at the kitchen table waiting patiently. Well, Keegan's waiting patiently. I'm practically jumping out of my skin waiting for the chocolaty syrupy goodness that is chocolate chip pancakes.

"What's with you and my mom's pancakes?" Keegan asks looking at me curiously.

"Chocolate chip pancakes are her favorite." Fran answers for me walking towards the table with our pancakes.

"Jesus, your mom knows more about me than you do." I say.

"No she doesn't!" Keegan says angrily.

"Calm down. Guess someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Or in your case the wrong side of the bedroom floor." I say. I see the corner of Keegan's lips twitch upward but, he manages to not smile.

Fran places the pancakes in front of us and i immediately drench them in syrup. I devour my food.Once I'm done i get up and place my plate in the sink. I look towards Keegan who's still eating. He only has a few more bites left .I could help him finish that pancake. Actually never mind it's not pretty getting in the middle of Keegan and his food. No matter what he's eating do not try to take it from him he doesn't share food. Ever.

"Im going to get ready so hurry up. You have to take me to the mall remember." I say heading towards the basement.

"Yeah, yeah." He says through a mouthful of food and waves me off. Now i just need to find out who those two girls Keegan likes are....

____________________________________________________________________________________

On the side there's a picture of chocolate chip pancakes!!! -------------------------------->