Chapter 17

Today is the day of my dads funeral. I drag myself out of bed and take a long shower trying to avoid going as long as possible. Although i cant avoid the inevitable. The only way i could is if i didn't go but, I'm obligated to go considering Leon was my father. Emphasis on the 'was'.

I pull the black dress over my head and fix it making sure there are no wrinkles. I slip on my black flats and then head over to the bathroom to put on some makeup. After about 10 minutes of fighting with my eyelashes and unruly morning hair i hear someone knock on the doorway. They're knocking on the door way since i left the door open. I figured i'd turn to see a pissed off Chloe but, instead i see Keegan. I stand up straight and give him a confused look.

"Hey." He says.

"Hey, whats up?" I ask twisting the cap back on my mascara that's all over my fingers from trying to fix my stubborn eyelashes.

"Nothing. I thought i'd just come say hi." He says.

"You never come to just say hi. Whats the matter?'' I ask crossing my arms.

"Its not important. Where are you going dressed all fancy?" He asks smirking.

"My dad's funeral." I say quietly. Well, that wiped the smirk off his face.

"Alice, i d-" I cut him off.

"It's fine."

"So, you're going to meet you family?" He asks.

"I guess so. I'm just afraid they wont like me. They probably wont even know who i am though." I say which is true considering I've never met any my family members before even my grandparents, if i actually have any.

"They're missing out on a lot." Keegan says running his fingers through his hair.

"What do you mean?" I ask urging him to elaborate. Maybe Keegan's having one of his sweet moments. Although those usually get ruined by either Keegan saying something inappropriate or someone interrupting us.

"Your amazing, Alice. I mean fuck them if they don't want anything to do with you. It just means they never get to be around one of the best people anyone could ever meet." Keegan explains tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

I  catch myself involuntarily leaning into his touch, hopefully he doesn't notice. Since i have no luck what so ever, he notices and smirks at me. I wish i was Irish. Then maybe i could've inherited the 'Luck o' the Irish'. He runs his thumb over my cheekbone and steps closer to me. He slowly begins to lean in, his face inching closer to mine  with every passing second.

"Alice! Someones on the phone for you!" I hear Chloe's annoying voice yell from downstairs. See, i told you I'm not lucky. I groan and Keegan lets his hand drop making my cheek cold from losing his warm touch.

''I'll be right back." I say.

"I'll come down with you. I have somewhere to go anyway."He says following me out of the bathroom. We walk downstairs then into the living room where Chloe is waiting as impatient and pissed off as always. She holds out the phone for me indicating for me to take it tapping her foot like she has some many more productive things she could be doing with her time.

"Hello?" I say bringing the phone up to my ear.

"Hi, is this Alice King?'' An unfamiliar voice asks.

"Yeah."

"It's Harriet Morris from the funeral home. I was informed that your going to be a last minute edition to the list of relatives?" She says waiting for my conformation.

"Oh, i didn't know i was last minute." I reply.

"Okay. We would just like to know how you know or are related to Leon. Since we only allow last minute additions to the people attending the ceremony here at the funeral home if you are of close relation. If you aren't of close relation with Leon I'm afraid we cannot have you come to the ceremony because we have capacity limit in the room used for the ceremony." She explains