Chapter 12

I wake up the next morning to the house phone ringing. I hear someone mumbling and the ringing stopped. Then my door creaks open and something hard hits my head. That really hurt!

"It's one of your stupid friends." Chloe growls. I look over to see her back as she walks down the hallway. Wow, don't even close my door that's cool.

"Dumb bitch." I mutter under my breath.

"Hello?" I say into the phone as i get up and shut my door. I seriously need to repaint this thing all the paint is chipping off.

"Hey, Alice. Feeling better?" Mia asks.

"Yeah. How about you?" I ask picking at the chipping paint on my door.

"I feel better. I spent the day at Nina's house yesterday because i was afraid my parents would know i was hungover." She whispers hungover like it's a bad word.

"That was smart. I just didn't come out of my room." I say. It's not like anyone would notice i was hungover if they did it wouldn't matter since no one cares about me in this house.

"Anyway i was wondering if you wanted to come to the bake sale at the church.'' Mia says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Why, what?" She asks sounding confused.

"Why do you want to know if i want to go?" I ask sounding more rude than i intended. I guess im in a bad mood but, that's what happens when you wake up to someone throwing a phone at your head. My head still hurt too.

"Truthfully Janice Maguire couldnt make it. We're a person short and we really need help. I volunteered to find someone." She say. That sounds like Mia she's always volunteering for things.

"What do i have to do?" I ask going towards my closet to find clothes. It doesn't really matter what i have to do. I'd go anyway considering that I'm helping out a friend. Or friends if Bryce, Nina, and Keegan are going too.

"Probably just help us set up. Then, Standing behind one of the tables to give people their food." She says. I hear someone talking in the back ground. "Alice." Mia says.

"What?" I ask.

"Oh, no i was talking to Bryce. He wanted to know who i was talking to." She explains.

"Is he going too?"

"Yes. So can you help? It would really mean a lot to me." She begs.

"Fine. What time?" I sigh.

"Yay! Um, at eight thirty." Mia answers. Eight thirty?! What time is it now? I look towards my clock to see it's only 7:40. Seriously? Of course Mia had to call me this early during the summer.

"Okay." I say.

"Do you need a ride?" She asks.

"That'd be nice." I say pulling out a pair of jeans to wear.

"We'll come get you. Be ready." She says.

"I will. See you then." I say and hang up not waiting for her to say goodbye. I don't have enough time to tame my crazy morning hair.

I take a quick shower, get dressed, run downstairs and down a bowl of cereal, do my makeup, brush my teeth, and make myself smell good so i don't smell like i went dumpster diving. I know it's gross but, i haven't taken a shower since the day of the party. Although i didn't have time because i spent all of yesterday being hungover. I slip on my black flip flops grab my cell phone and go downstairs to wait for Mia to get here. Just as i reach the last step someone knocks on the door.