Chapter 15

I throw open the front door and walk inside letting the cold air engulf me. It's so hot out today i thought i was going to have heat stroke. I walk up the steps to my room and throw down the dress i bought today onto my bed. I look at the dress trying to figure out some shoes to wear with it tomorrow, to the funeral. I'm not sure what 'The King Family' are going to be like and frankly I'm kind of afraid to find out. What if they don't like me? They probably don't even know who i am anyway so why should it matter.

My cell phone starts ringing as i go to walk towards my closet to find shoes.I 'm pretty sure all i have are sneakers and fuzzy boots for winter anyway.

"Hello?" I ask as i answer my phone

"What are you doing tomorrow?" Nina asks.

"Uh, I'm actually busy." I say scratching the back of my head.

"Can she come?" I hear Mia ask in the background.Nina must've shook her head no because then i hear Mia say, "What! Why not?"

"What are you doing?" She asks.

"I'm going to my dad's funeral.'' I say softly sitting on the foot of my bed.

"Oh." Is all Nina says in return.

''I'm sorry though. I mean, i don't have to-" She cuts me off.

"Of course you do!" She protests, "He's you dad, Alice. You have to go. Pay your respects."

"Yeah but i haven't seen him in 7 years." I reply.

"He's still your dad. Like you said the other day about my mom. He's the only father you'll ever had. Even though he wasn't around you should still go." She says.

''I guess your right." I sigh.

"I know i am." She says confidently, "Do you want someone to go with you?" She offers.

''I haven't thought about it yet. Maybe." I say. It might be a little less awkward for me if i had someone with me.

''Just call me if you want someone to go. I'd go with you, alright?" She says.

"Okay thanks, Nina." I say a small smile growing on my face since i know she's really there for me.

"No problem. Bye then." She says.

"Bye. Tell Mia i said bye too." I say and hang up. Now, time to find some shoes.

***

"Have you seen him since yesterday?" Bryce asks mixing around his chocolate milkshake.

"No. I haven't even heard from him." I say.

"Knowing Keegan he probably did something stupid." Nina interjects.

''That is what he does when he's mad." Mia adds.

"Come on you guys, Keegan's dad got hurt. Would you want to be alone for a while?" Bryce defends him.

"I guess. That's what Alice did." Mia says taking Bryce's milkshake and taking a sip.

"Hey! That's mine." Bryce says snatching it away from his sister.

"Please?" She begs giving him puppy dog eyes.

"That only worked when we were little. Go get your own." He says.

"But mom only gave me enough money for one thing." She pleads.

"You shouldn't of gotten pizza then." He says taking a sip of his milkshake.

I laugh at them. It is pretty funny when they get in little fights like this. Sometimes they even blackmail each other with embarrassing things they did when they were younger. It's usually a pretty funny story too.

My cell phone starts ringing interrupting my lunch i went out to after i got off the phone with Nina. She had called me back about 10 minutes later and asked if i wanted to go out with them to Darcie's Diner.

"Hello?"

"Can you come get me?" Keegan asks.

"Keegan? Where are you?" I ask.

"The police station." He answers.

"What! Why? What happened?" I ask concerned.

"Can you just come get me?" He asks not answering my questions.

"Yeah, i'll be there. Just give me a few minutes." I say.

"Okay." He says and hangs up. What did he get himself into this time? I figured he probably go blow off some steam but, not bad enough to get arrested.

''Whats wrong?" Nina asks me.

"I have to go." I say abruptly standing up and search my pocket for my money for the fries i bought.

"Why?" Bryce asks.

"I have to go pick up Keegan." I sigh pushing on Bryce's shoulder gently indicating for him to get up so i can get out of the booth.

"Where is he?" He asks getting up.

"The police station." I say making my way out of the booth.

"What did he do?" Mia asks worriedly.

"I have no clue." I say throwing my money down on the table, "Can you guys give that to the cashier for my fries? Nina, do you mind if i borrow your car to go get him?"

"Sure, call us." Nina says handing me her car keys.

''Thanks. I will." I say over my shoulder as i rush out of the diner.

I rush over to Nina's car and get in speeding out of the parking lot to go get Keegan. I just hope he didn't do anything to stupid. What am i talking about, of course he did something stupid, stupid enough to get arrested.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter i'll make sure to make the next one longer!

Possible cover? (on the side)----------------------------------------------------->