32.

"Haaaooooooo!" 

Junhui kept whining after changing into several different clothes, not knowing what to wear to the party Minghao was taking him to. A lot of pieces from his closet were spreaded all over his bedroom floor, but still he felt insecure about what to wear. 

He never went to a party before, let alone a party with a house full of popular kids. What was he supposed to do?! If he didn't dress up enough they would all judge him for the way he looked, and if he dressed up too much they would laugh at him. He didn't wanted to make a fool out of Minghao, since he was the one taking him there. 

A soft knock on the door was heard. "Can I come in?"

"Yes, come in." Junhui answered, fully dressed again. 

Minghao stuck his head through the doorway and looked at Junhui. "What's the problem?"

"I don't know what to wear.." Junhui said, nervously playing with the hem of the sweater he was wearing. Minghao chuckled and walked up to him, grabbing his sleeve and swinging his arm softly up and down. "Junnie, don't worry about it, you look amazing."

"But what if everyone-" "-Shush, you look amazing, end of discussion. I want you to wear this."

Junhui sighed and felt blush creeping it's way up to his face. "How can you say that Hao.. You don't even have to put effort in your appearance to look amazing.." With his other hand, Minghao playfully slapped Junhui's chest. "That's not true, I'm just saying you shouldn't exaggerate, it's just a party!"

"Easy for you to say.. you've been to tons of them.." Junhui looked down, to the tops of his black all star sneakers he was wearing underneath his black ripped  jeans. 

"Juuuunnn.." Minghao whined, shaking his arm again, making Junhui look up to his face again. "Just stay with this, I think you look really good in this outfit and I want you to wear it. Now stop being so insecure and just come with me." 

Junhui's cheeks even got darker, but kept looking back at the reassuring face of Minghao. He still didn't feel sure about his outfit, but at least Minghao liked it. "Okay okay.. I'll just go with this.."

"Good, see you in a few minutes in the living room, okay?" Minghao let go and walked to the door, waiting for Junhui's reply. "Okay."

Junhui took another glance at himself in his mirror. He was wearing a light blue sweater, paired with a black ripped skinny jeans and a pair of all stars sneakers. He still felt insecure, what if it was too basic? No Minghao said it was okay, and he knew, because he went to a lot of parties before. 

Maybe it was best to just stick basic, because it was just a normal party. No exaggerating. 

His hair was still perfectly in model, thanks to the little amount of gel he put in it. Quickly he sprayed a little perfume and he left his bedroom, facing Minghao who was already waiting on him at the door. 

"Jeez, I bet a girl would get ready faster than you." Minghao fake sighed, which received him a slab on his chest by Junhui. 

"Shut up, let's go." Minghao chuckled because of how Junhui took alternatives. "So now you want to go huh?" "Minghao!" "Okay okay." But of course, as soon as they looked at each other they started chuckling again. 

Junhui twisted the doorknob and they walked outside their apartment. They walked off the stairs in a comfortable silence, Minghao feeling more relaxed than Junhui. He was still freaking out about every little thing that had to do with the party they were going to. 

"Hui." Junhui looked aside when he heard Minghao calling his name the moment they walked outside. The sun just started to set while it was 8pm and it started to get a little chilly, so he was actually glad about the fact he wore a sweater. "I really think you look good." 

Junhui nervously laughed a little while he tried to hide his blushing cheeks by scratching the top of his head, what failed miserably because he knew Minghao already saw it. "T-thanks?" Minghao chuckled confidently and suddenly grabbed the taller his hand, interlacing their fingers, what only drove Junhui's mind more crazy. But he didn't mind the sudden skinship. In fact, he actually found it a little comforting. And cute of course.. 

"Oh and by the way, Mingyu is also coming. He would ask Wonwoo if he would come with him."

Junhui laughed about it. Wonwoo? At a party? Never in his life. Wonwoo was the biggest introvert he knew, let alone go to parties. Wonwoo rather died. "And you believe that yourself? Wonwoo at a party is like the most rare thing I'd ever got to see in my life."

"He's also coming to prom." Minghao discussed back. 

"Yeah, but.. prom is different." "You're right. And there is no alcohol tolerated. Tonight there is."

Another thing that suddenly made Junhui feel anxious. The big amount of alcohol that was probably going to be there tonight. "Hao, are you planning on drinking tonight?" He softly asked, scared of the answer. Wait, why was he scared? If Minghao wanted to get wasted he could do that, it was his own decision after all. 

"Not much. I'm going with you, remember? I know how crazy I get when I'm drunk.. and I really don't want you to experience that." Junhui noticed Minghao getting a little shy over it, but he brushed it off as soon as he noticed Junhui seeing it. "How about you Jun? Are you a drinker?"

"Not really, I mostly don't drink. I don't really like the influence alcohol has on me." Junhui told him in all honesty while they kept walking hand in hand. 

"Were here." Minghao suddenly said while they walked around a corner, showing a big mansion and a garden filled with people. Automatically Junhui pulled his hand back out of Minghao's grasp, but the younger stopped him. "Please.." Minghao looked in his eyes, slightly pouting. 

Junhui didn't know what to do, so he just held his hand while they walked to the door. What would the people inside say about the two of them holding hands. Was that really what Minghao wanted? 

"Don't worry Jun. You'll be okay." And with that they walked inside the opened door, loud music already playing and a crowd of students dancing along.

a/n

hey guys! almost 3k reads already, do you have any idea how happy that makes me:)

Anyways, I kind of feel like sharing something. Lately my mental health has gotten really down. A lot of things happened what made me feel bad again, especially the last days have been really tough to me. I started therapy a little while ago, but I only had one session yet, that's why I still see no improvement. 

I don't even know why I'm sharing this right now, but I think I just want to say thank you to all the love I'm getting on this story. It means so much to me to see people actually liking this and it always makes my day.

I will work harder to feel better in the future. 

Thank you❤️

-Dana