{ Chapter 5 }

* Hunter's Pov *

Kat wasn't a whore. She'd never fucked anyone. She promised her Mom she'd wait until she was 16. But she wanted to fuck someone. She wanted to fuck Josh, I knew she did. Otherwise she wouldn't be trying so hard to impress him or putting on loads of makeup or always going out with him. She was really fucking stupid. She said he was different but he wasn't. I saw him looking at her. He wasn't looking at her in a nice way. He was looking at her like he wanted to fuck her. And she didn't have a problem with that.

-

* Kat's Pov *

"What's up with you?" I asked Hunter as I came through to our room. Chris was out on a shift, Mom was in bed, and Hunter was sat wide awake snapping the band on his wrist.

"I'm fine," he muttered.

"You sure? You look a little-"

"I'm fine!" He growled and grabbed his phone, throwing it with a force so hard that it more or less made a dent in the door; at least an inch away from my head.

"Alright," I said quietly. I pulled my hoodie off, tossing it over onto the bed and then I made my way over to my drawers. Pulling out my pajamas, I looked at Hunter through the mirror but then froze a little. "Hunter-"

"Ask me if I'm ok again and I'll fucking kill you,"

"I wasn't gonna ask if you were ok," I murmured and turned around to face him. "I was gonna ask you why you've been crying,"

"I haven't,"

"Hunter your eyes are red as fuck," I said obviously. "You don't..you don't need to tell me why, ok? I just want to know, honestly, if you're ok."

Hunter just nodded, and I sighed. Making my way over to him, I knealt down at the edge of his bed and leaned in forwards. His green eyes stared back into mine, and I'd never felt more insecure. It was just the way he was looking at me, it was like he was trying to read me. I didn't know how to respond.

"Hunter..what's wrong?"

"Just.." he took in a deep breath and looked down, holding his hands together tightly. "Don't let him hurt you..ok?"

"Who? Josh?"

He nodded.

"I promise," I said; almost bewildered. "I promise, Hunter."

*

"So did you have fun last night?" Mom asked me as I poured some cereal into a bowl. Chris had gotten back about an hour ago and he was sleeping like a baby, so it was pretty much just gonna be me, Mom and Hunter again today.

"Yeah it was good," I murmured. "Managed to get myself a boyfriend,"

"What? It's not even been 2 weeks! You could've had a look around before jumping to the first guy you saw,"Mom joked and I laughed a little. I was about to say something sarcastic back but Hunter beat me to it.

"She's not a whore like you,"

"Hunter," I said quietly. "She didn't mean it like that,"

"Whatever," he muttered.

God, I felt sorry for my Mom. I mean, yeah she could give Hunter a hard time. Even the other day when he was off his meds and struggling with work she called him stupid. But she got abuse from him whenever she tried to joke with me like a Mother should do. She wasn't a whore. Her and my Dad had been childhood sweathearts up until..his death. And then she'd married Chris. My Mom couldn't be a whore when the 2 relationships she'd had, lasted her up to this very moment.