{ Chapter 19 }

I still need to proof read this and change any shitty details but I'll do that later because i want to uplaod it now. Song is Last Days of Summer by Silverstein. Really fits this. Hope you enjoy because I'm honestly doubting this chapter. Love you guys x

-

I knew that I wasn't going to walk in to find Hunter sitting normally like nothing had happened, no. So after deciding that going in empty handed wasn't going to help anything, I walked back into the kitchen to make some coffee. Chris forced a smile before heading out to the hall, leaving me alone with my thoughts which were obviously taken over by Hunter.

He didn't deserve this. Why the fuck was this happening, especially to him? Yes, Hunter could be an absolute bastard at times. But it was because of everything that he had been through. He literally couldn't control his outbursts and there was nothing wrong with that. So why the fuck was this happening? His Dad, his disgusting worthless piece of shit Dad, who had spent 14 years abusing him in so many horrible ways, was coming back for him. Had he not been through enough suffering? 

I shoved those thoughts to the back of my mind, trying my hardest to focus on pouring the water into Hunter's cup without spilling it everywhere. After adding a few spoons of coffee and a million sugars, the way he liked it, I grabbed the handle with shaky hands and made my way through the hallway. 

Opening the door, I held my breath. I knew that Hunter was going to be in a state and I was not going to judge him for that. I just had to be there for him. He needed to cope in his own ways and he needed to get everything out of his system before he could even attempt to understand what was happening. He wasn't coping though, he was hurting.

He was hurting himself.

The cup dropped from my hand and smashed into pieces on the floor. I didn't even hear the crashing of it, my mind had already gone into autopilot and the only thing that I wanted to do was rip the blade away from Hunter.

"Hunter, stop!"

"No!" He screamed, digging the razor further into his skin and letting it rip wide open. Blood poured out immediatley, even more as he cut over unhealed burns. He tried to kick me away, backing himself up against the wall and dropping the blade in the process as he used his bloody arm to shield his face.

I took my chance and crawled forwards to grab it, shoving it away to the other side of the room and mentally noting to dispose of it later. I looked at Hunter, knees curled up to his chest and his arm spilling out blood faster every second. I panicked, running my hand through my hair for a split second before darting over to my bed. In the drawer beside, i remembered the pack of tissues I'd shoved to the back.

"You promised," I hissed as I knealed down to Hunter and pried his hand away from his face, revealing his teary eyes. I pushed the tissue hard down against the 3 open wounds, applying as much pressure as I could and changing the tissue once it got too wet.

"H-had to," he whimpered. He scrubbed his hand desperately at his eyes, his lip quivering violently. "D-Dad..he..he'd want me to. Told me to. He was..h-he,"

"He didn't tell you to, Hunter. You're upset, you're imagining it. You're safe here, ok?"

"I'm fucking not!" he cried, swatting his hands at his thighs and digging his nails into them harshly. "Can feel him, c-can't get him off,"

"Hunter," I soothed, trying to take his arm back to clean it. it wasn't bleeding much anymore and even if it was, he didn't care.

"Get off me!"

I held my arms up, staring into his terrified eyes. He didn't even aknowledge me, it was like he was seeing right through me and I didn't know what to do. I wanted to get Chris but I wanted to help him myself. Chris was busy anyway, and upset, maybe too upset that Hunter would just get worse.