{ Chapter 20 }

Love Like A DelinquentChapter 20

I'm really sorry for the pure shittness of this. It's taken me about 2 weeks to write and it's terrible but I promised an update. I PROMISE, the next one will be better and I will be editing this one to try and make it less shitish. But yeah, chapter 21 will be good. Thankyou for sticking with me xx

* 3rd Person / Flashback *

John sat on the bottom step, his head in his knees and hands in his hair. The gun in his right hand tapped lightly against the top of his head, reminding him of what he was supposed to be doing. He snapped his head up, his red eyes blinking back a few tears before he pulled himself to his feet and walked around the corner to his sons room.

He had to take a few moments, had to clear his head. He reminded himself why he was doing it, why it was best for everyone. He was a fuck up, his wife was a fuck up, his son was worse. He just wanted to end it, end all of their suffering, end everything. 

"Get the fuck away from him,"

Linda looked up as her husband enterred the room, her hair greasy and face dirty. Bruises covered her arms and her fingers were soaked with blood as she tried to clean her sons wound.

Hunter.

John looked at him, curled up against the wall. He wore nothing but a pair of boxers and a torn black t-shirt. His hair was scruffy and in his face, the jagged ends pointing in all different directions. His eyes were a mixture of green and red on the inside but on the outside purple and brown bruises clutched to his skin. His skin was a sickly pale, almost a light shade of green and matched his swolen lips perfectly. 

Linda had hold of Hunter's wrist and was pressing a cloth down to an open wound. She let go as soon as John came in though, letting the blood squirt out and fall down onto the floor. 

She looked up at her husband as she stood up, leaving a whining Hunter reaching out to her. She hushed him quickly with a glare and he pressed himself back into the wall, squeezing his eyes shut as if it would help him. 

He bit his lip, not wanting to piss anyone off. John had already hurt him today, more than usual and he didn't know why. He hadn't done anything, he'd been curled up in the corner of the room keeping as quiet as possible when John had walked in and dropped his belt to the floor. 

"John, what are you doing?"

"Shut up," John barked, pointing the gun at Linda until fear took over her and she backed away. She moved again, standing in front of Hunter almost as if she was trying to protect him. 

"John, you gotta calm down."

"Do I?" He chuckled, raising an eye-brow before stopping the laughter altogether. He shook his head, closing his eyes for a few moments before walking forwards towards Linda. 

"Put the gun away, John." She pleaded, backing herself up against the wall next to Hunter who desperately looked up at her.

"Don't tell me what to fucking do,"

"Do whatever you need to do to calm down, ok? Do anything, whatever you need to calm down. But put the gun away,"

"I'll do whatever the hell I want," he snapped; raising the gun and pressing the end against the side of her head. Linda squeezed her eyes shut, trying to figure out what the fuck to do and how to get herself out of the situation. 

"You'll be thankful for this," John murmured, running his fingers gently through her hair but pulling tightly on the ends. "Do you really wanna keep living like this? No. No one does. I'm finally doing a good thing, Linda. I'm gonna put us all out of our misery, gonna make us all happy."