{ chapter 4 }

I'd like to point out that the medication Hunter takes really makes an impact. And some people may think it's "unrealistic" as in this chapter he's off his meds, and he's completely different. But I've seen it happen before, and it's not unrealistic at all. okee? goode(:

*

I looked at myself in the mirror in the hospital toilets. I looked a mess. My blonde hair was sticking out in all directions and my beanie was squinting to the side. My black and red checkered hoodie was half unzipped and showed the black vest top I had underneath. My jeans were clinging to my skin and my shoes were soaking. My eyeliner and mascara ran down my face and my fingertips were covered in blood.

I'd called an ambulance.

There was nothing left to do.

At first I'd bent Hunter over as far as I could, and I'd literally shoved my whole hand down his throat. He'd thrown up a fuck load, but then he'd started to throw up blood. His eyes wouldn't open and he was shaking too much. His body was too limp for me to help him back to the flat and even if I could, I wasn't going to risk it.

The paramedics in the ambulance told me I did the right thing, and that they were going to check if the ammount of vodka had damanged his stomach or liver. I gave the receptionist Chris' number, and him, me and my Mom had been here all night. None of us had said a word.

"He's gonna be ok," Chris said to me as I walked out of the bathroom.

"What?"

"Hunter. He's gonna be ok."

"But he had all that vodka and-"

"He's ok. That's all you need to know,"

"Oh. Can I see him?"

"No. Not right now," Chris said quietly. "The Doctors are giving him a lecture on drinking. Then I'm gonna have to sign some paperwork which will take around 10 minutes. You can wait in the car if you want," he said and tossed me the keys. "We wont be long,"

*

I was standing outside in the pouring rain, standing against the wall with my left foot kneeled up against it. I didn't want to get in the car, I just wanted some air. None of this was overwhelming as things like this happened a lot around Hunter. I was just, kinda confused. I felt like I'd pushed him into drinking last night. And well, I knew I had.

Suddenly, there was a body next to mine. In arm stretching distance, Hunter stood with his back leaning against the wall and his face down. He looked shit. Well, shit for Hunter. Dark circles under his eyes and skin paler than usual. His eyes were more red than green and he looked broken.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pack of cigarrettes. I had no idea how he managed to get away without the Doctors finding them, but anyhow, he took one out. Flipping it into his mouth, he took a lighter and breathed in the smoke.

"That's bad for you," I murmured. He looked to me before smirking a little bit, and then he handed me the cigarrette knowing damn right I'd take it. I didn't smoke, but normally after something shit happened, Hunter would always give me one. It was like a tradition. So after taking a draw, I handed it back to Hunter. "Thanks,"

And he just nodded in return.

*

"How could you be so irresponsible?! I thought that we'd moved past the drinking phase, Hunter! Do I need to get you back into rehab therapy?!"

Yes. Hunter had gone to rehab therapy for 9 months last year. The psycologists had diagnosed him with something called "alcahol dependency" and he literally just couldn't stop drinking. He used it as a coping device until he found out that you could also hurt yourself through razor blades. He still drank a lot, but not as much as he used to.