NINETEEN

This chapter contains smut. Read at your own risk 😏

"You're an asshole!" Shouted Luke just as Aaron slammed the door shut. He had ignored him for so long, then he blatantly revealed his indifference and now he was off to God knows where.

Luke was annoyed at himself for letting his emotions get the best of him and confess to Aaron like that. If anything, it had only made it worse. He sighed and sat on his bed. Aaron was probably outside running his wits out in the freezing cold of October. Good for him!

But Luke was restless.

He tossed and turned for about an hour and Aaron still wasn't back. He finally decided to go and look for him. That boy was an idiot, he had to be stuck in the locker rooms or something. Luke grudgingly put on his his coat over his pyjamas and slipped on his trainers. He switched his flashlight on and headed towards the locker room.

He yawned and opened the room, half expecting to see Aaron lying on one of the wooden benches.
But he wasn't there.

That was odd.

Was he still running ? He would get sick if he ran for so long by such a freezing temperature. Not that he was worried or anything.

Luke was about to go back to his dorm when he decided to at least take a look at the track. He pushed the same doors Aaron had an hour earlier and pointed his flashlight towards the track. It was hidden by a hedge so he crossed the field and looked over the fence.

Then, his blood froze in his veins.

He saw Aaron lying unmoving on the cold track and his mind went blank. He ran as fast as he could towards were the other boy layed. Luke noticed the dark red puddle under his head right away. He knelt next to him in panic and pressed his ear to his chest. His heart was beating but very faintly.

Luke made a split second decision. They were alone in the cold, it was the middle of the night and the only person here to have a phone here was the principal. He would definitely be grounded for waking him up but he couldn't risk Aaron's life.

He kissed his forehead and ran towards the principal's room. He desperately banged on the door until the principal appeared, eyes still sticky with sleep.
"Mr Deans what are you doing here? You're supposed to be in your room, it's night." He yawned.

"I know and I'm really sorry to wake you up like this but there's no time! Aaron Smith fainted on the track and he's bleeding! You need to call 911!"
"Okay why don't you calm down and tell me exactly what's going o-"
"Now!" Shouted Luke on the verge of tears.

Mr Gant must have felt the urgency and the despair in his voice because he went back inside his room to fetch the phone.

"Where is he?"
"The track I told you we have to go there quick!"
Mr Gant sighed and pulled his slippers on.

"I swear if this is another sick joke of yours you are getting detention for the rest of your time here." He muttered.
"It's not a joke please we need to run!"

They finally reached Aaron and Mr Gant instantly checked his pulse.
"Oh God he really has lost a lot of blood"
"Please call 911 now?" Cried Luke. "He's freezing cold." He added, falling to his knees next to Aaron and gently lifting his head to settle it on his knees

"Okay I'm calling but how did he even get out? Whatever we'll talk about punishment later."
Mr Gant walked away and dialed the emergency number.

Luke focused all his attention on Aaron, removing his own coat to cover the ice cold body and cradling his head in his arms.
"I'm so sorry" he cried
"I shouldn't have let you go out." Tears ran freely down his cheeks.