Day 363

Day 363

days. I tried not to think of the short amount of time that I had left, as I took my shower. The more that I tried not to think about it the more it seemed to invade my thoughts. I forced myself to stop thinking about it and got dressed. I headed to the dining room and was the last one there. Everyone else was already sitting down and waiting for Pete to show up.

"Morning everyone," I called.

"Good morning Max!" Lilian chirped.

I groaned. Why does she have to sound so happy this early in the morning?

"Hey, you should totally try to make us some food while we're waiting," Tim suggested.

"Oh, that would be super cool," Lilian agreed.

"Okay I'll try it. What do you guys want?"

"How about some pumpkin pie," Lilian licked her lips.

I nodded and looked at her plate. Okay, think about a pumpkin. Now think about pie. Now think about both of them on Lilian's plate. A large entire pumpkin appeared on her plate with a piece of dough on top of it. There must be some trick to this. Everyone laughed and thankfully Pete came in a few minutes later so I didn't have to try to make anything else.

Pete told me that instead of thinking about the separate parts to whatever it was that someone wanted, you just had to think about the finished product. I successfully created some Hershey's chocolate bars for everyone and we gobbled them up.

"Hey guys, I'm going to go talk to Louise," I announced.

"What about," mom asked.

"You'll see later," I teased with a smile.

I went downstairs and headed to Louise's office. I felt that I needed to have some sort of impact on the human race before I died. I was going to ask her if I could go with a group of people and kill all the mutes we could find. At least that way the surviving humans wouldn't have to worry about getting killed by mutant animals. I knocked on the door to her office.

"Come in," Louise called.

I opened the door and walked to her desk. She was looking at more papers and I wondered what was on the papers.

"Louise, I was wondering something...."

"Yes?" she put down the papers and looked at me.

"Would it be alright if a group of us went and killed all of the mutes in the various parts of the world?"

"Why would you want to do that?"

"It would be kind of like my last contribution to the human race. I only have three days left."

"Oh," Louise said, "Mrs. Friedan passed away last night. I myself only have a couple more weeks left. I'll have Avery put together a team of people. I'm guessing that Lilian will want to go as well?"

"Probably."

"All right, send Avery in to see me."

"I didn't see him on my way here."

"Oh, he'll be right outside."

"How do you know-right."

Louise was a Seer and probably saw that Avery was going to be just outside her office. I left the room and almost bumped right into him.

"Hey Avery," I said.

"Hello Max, is Louise in her office?"

"Yeah and she wants to talk to you about something."