Day 360

Day 360

6 days. I woke up to cool air blowing over my face. I opened my eyes and smiled. Lilian was staring at me.

“Hey Lilian.”

“Oh, Max-Um-Hi!” her face colored as she realized she had been caught staring at me.

I chuckled softly.

“So, what were you doing staring at me?”

“Me? I wasn't staring....I was-” she smacked my forehead, “killing a Mosquito.”

I rubbed my head.

“I think you got it,” I said, still rubbing.

I looked around our makeshift shelter.

“Where's Tim? Is he awake?”

“Yeah, he went to scout out the perimeter. He seems to be perfectly fine.”

I sighed with relief. If Tim had been seriously injured I just don't know what I would do. I don't think I could handle anyone else dying. My mom's death replayed in my mind. Her body was blown through the air from the explosion. Blood literally sprayed from several places at once. I shut the images out of my mind before my emotions could take over. I didn't want to cry.

“Hellooo, earth to Max.”

Lilian was waving her arm back and forth in front of my face.

“Are you okay Max? You were kind of spacing out there.”

I took a deep breath.

“Yeah, I'm going to talk to Tim.”

“Okay....”

I got up and walked towards the trees. I wasn't really going to talk to Tim, I just needed some time alone. I walked in a random direction letting my thoughts jumble around in my head. Four days ago my dad had been killed. Yesterday my mom had been killed. Both of my parents had been killed because of Emily.

Anger surged through me. How had I ever liked her? Had I ever actually liked her or was it because she was using her hypnosis power on me? It was all so confusing. I couldn't remember how the days had gone by so fast. It seemed like it was only yesterday that I was standing in line after school and had heard the dreaded beeping.

Now I was on the run from a facility that wanted to find out how I had every single power that was possible. I was still somewhat shocked myself that I had all the powers. So far I found that I had super speed, mega strength, excelled eye-site, could fly, my body would heal itself, and just yesterday I froze a rocket that was speeding toward us.

There had been a lot of bad things that had happened lately. Would it ever be all over? I suppose that it would once I was dead. Unfortunately for me, that was a lot sooner than I wanted. I only had six more days including today.

“Oomph!”

I fell to the ground next to Tim. He had rounded the tree at the same time as I had, our collision causing us to both grunt at the same time. We scrambled to our feet and dusted ourselves off.

“Max!”

“Tim!”

We man-hugged, of course because we're guys, and stepped back.

“Hey man how are you feeling?” I asked him.

“My head kind of hurts and my leg tingles every once in a while but other than that I feel fine,” he replied.