Day 357

Day 357

9 days. I woke up in an unfamiliar place. I sat up suddenly and bumped the person next to me. I breathed a sigh of relief when they didn't wake up. Then everything came back and I realized it was Lilian and that we were in her hotel room. I slid carefully out of bed not wanting to wake her. 

I headed to the bathroom and took a shower putting my clothes from yesterday back on. I hadn't grabbed other clothes so these would have to do for now. I walked over to Lilian's side of the bed and gentle shook her from her sleep. A knife suddenly appeared in her hand and I froze. She blinked a couple of times and then the knife disappeared when she realized it was just me.

"Sorry about that, I'm not used to having someone stay in my room."

"Wow, I guess not!"

Lilian rubbed her eyes and yawned hugely. 

"Do I have to get up?" She whined.

"Of course," I laughed.

She slowly got out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom. She closed the door and I heard the sound of the shower being turned on. I thought back to how nice it had been sharing the bed with Lilian. Almost immediately a memory flashed through my head. 

It was the same one as yesterday of Emily and I kissing. This time I could tell where we were. We were back in that familiar training field surrounded by the grove of trees. It was evening and the full moon was shining brightly on us. We were talking about soccer and how much she disliked the sport when suddenly she grabbed my face with her hands.

She stared into my eyes and I suddenly feel the desire to kiss her. As I lean in, I can see her eyes and for some reason they look different than normal. The gold specks seem to have taken over making her pupils one solid gold color. They are beautiful. The memory fades away and I feel somewhat guilty for being here with Lilian. 

Then I remember how they had shot my dad. There's no way I'm going anywhere near anyone from the fortress, not even Emily. My thoughts are shaken back to reality as Lilian emerges from the bathroom in a tight pair of blue jeans and a black and gray t-shirt. She looks amazing! 

"What are you looking at Max?" Lilian catches me checking her out.

"I-Er-You look lovely!" I manage to get out.

"Thanks!"

Thankfully she doesn't push the subject and instead walks over to the dresser and opens the bottom drawer. She reaches into the seemingly empty drawer and her hand disappears as it nears the bottom. It soon reemerges clutching a large handful of cash.

"You got any money?"

"Um, no...."

Lilian walked over to me and handed me about half of what she was holding.

"Lil-"

"No excuses. You have to take it and besides, you'll need it for today."

"What's happening today?"

"Shopping!"

"Shopping? What for? I'm not exactly into the whole shopping thing you know."

"Max, have you forgotten that today is the day before Christmas?"

Lilian did a little jig around the room just to show how much she was going to enjoy today. I had totally forgotten about Christmas with all the things that had been happening lately. I groaned inwardly. Shopping was not one of the things I enjoyed and I had no idea what I was going to get Lilian.