Day Ten

Day Ten

I bolted upright from my cot and looked around. I was back in the room in the facility. How was this possible? I didn't have time to question my surroundings. The door burst open and the all-too-familiar virus detector walked in. He wasn't wearing a mask and his pale face was covered in jagged scars. 

"Time to go take your brain Maxy boy!" he sneered at me.

My brain? My body got up without me telling it to and started to follow the VD. I couldn't stop my body from moving, it seemed to have a mind of its own.

As I followed him down the halls I noticed that there were signs above each door. The signs each had a dark menacing meaning. Eye Stealer. Nose Chopper. Leg Twister. Each one sounded worse than the last. Finally the VD stopped in front of a door with a sign that read Brain Taker in bright green letters. 

My body stopped even though my brain told it not to and a lump formed in my throat as the letters on the sign seemed to burn into my eyes. They wouldn't really take my brain, would they?

“Time to go, Maxy boy!” the VD grinned evilly.

He slid his card and after the security reader flashed a green light to show its acceptance, he opened the door and shoved me violently inside. I stumbled forward, barely managing to catch myself before falling. The room was much different than the normal one that I had been tested in.  

There were no wires anywhere, there was only white. The walls were white, the ceiling and floors were white, there was a stretcher to one side of the room that was white, and standing next to it was Hazel. Instead of the honey-colored hair I remembered, snow white hair flowed to her shoulders. She was wearing what looked to be a surgeon's uniform which was also completely white.

We stared at each other for a moment and then she pulled some white latex gloves from her pocket and slid them over her wrinkled hands. The only things in the room were the stretcher, Hazel, me, and some table behind Hazel but I couldn't see what was on it because she was in the way. She smiled, her pearly white teeth sparkling in the bright light. I was almost blinded by all the whiteness.

Hazel stepped forward and I could finally see what was on the table behind her. The only thing that wasn't white in the entire room. All sorts of various silver knives lay on the table. There were curved ones, jagged ones, and even some that didn't seem to have a specifically designed shape to them.

"Lie down on the stretcher won't you, Maxy boy," her usually cheery voice was gone and replaced with a cold dark one.

I looked at the table wearily. There was no way that I was going to just willingly go and lay down on the stretcher and let her take my brain. I tried to use my powers but as soon as I did I felt this terrible pain in my head and I clutched my hair in pain.

"Oh, poor Maxy can't use his powers."

She tried to sound like she was sad but it sounded more like she was all too happy about it. I ran for the door and despite all my twisting and turning the handle wouldn't budge. 

"Come and get on the stretcher," she commanded.

Again my body started to move on its own accord. I told it to stop moving but I continued to get closer and closer to the stretcher.

"Up."

I got on the table and saw her press a button on the side. My body immediately stopped all movement. I was paralyzed! I realized that my eyes could still move and I tracked Hazel as she scurried around the stretcher strapping my arms and legs to the stretcher so I there was no possible way to get out. Not that I could move anyway seeing as how I was paralyzed.