Day 358

8 days. I woke up shivering. I was in a room very similar to the one I had been in, in the other facility. It was smaller being only about fifteen feet by fifteen feet. I wasn't on a cot but rather I woke up on a thin blanket on the cement floor. 

There was no door and a small toilet protruded from the wall with no curtains or anything for privacy. I tried to stretch, but my hands were still handcuffed behind my back. I shook uncontrollably from the cold. The cement floor wasn't helping any.

I pressed my back against the corner of the room and managed to wiggle back and forth until I could stand up. I tried to use my powers but still nothing happened. I looked up and in one corner of the room there was a ray gun mounted so that it pointed at the whole room. It was too high for me to reach even if my hands weren't handcuffed.

Time seemed to be going so slow and it wasn't because I was using super speed. I started to pace the room to pass the time. Thirteen steps, wall. Turn around, thirteen steps, wall. Turn around, repeat. Back and forth I paced for what seemed like hours. 

My stomach growled several times and started to hurt from lack of food. My meals had been so consistent over the past year and so now that I was missing a meal, my stomach was giving me problems. 

I sighed and continued pacing the room. I must have been walking back and forth for hours, it certainly felt like it. I thought I was going to go crazy when suddenly I thought I heard something outside of the door. I hope it's someone coming to rescue me. Someone like Lilian. The door opened and I saw a VD. Standing behind him was Charles pointing another ray gun at me.

"Let's go Max, and no funny business," the VD commanded.

I glumly shuffled my feet to the door. If my hands hadn't been in cuffs then I would try something but seeing as how they were, there wasn't anything that I could do. The VD walked ahead of me and Charles walked behind me making sure that the ray gun was always pointed at me.

"Charles, how-"

The VD that I was following suddenly whipped around and smacked me hard across the cheek.

"No talking," he growled.

My cheek stung but I couldn't do anything about it. We walked down the halls and after a while the vastness started to remind me of the last facility that I had been in. Finally the VD halted in front of one of the doors and slid an I.D. card in the card reader by the handle. It beeped its acceptance and he held the door open, ushering me inside.

There was a woman inside who looked to be rather buff and behind her were several machines. The VD left, but Charles stayed and went to a chair in the corner and sat down. The woman looked excited to see me.

"If you'll lie on that machine we'll get started. We may finally find the key to being all-powerful!" 

She pointed to the machine right behind her and I walked over to it. It resembled an MRI machine with a tray to lay on that slid inside a large cylindrical tube. I attempted to get on the tray but it was rather hard to do being in handcuffs. The woman saw my predicament and walked over to me. 

She picked my up as if I were a baby and placed me on the tray. She proceeded to strap leg restraints and chest restraints firmly down. She didn't bother with my arms since I was laying on them but also put a restraint on my forehead. 

The tray slid in and I stared at the sloping top of the tube that was mere inches from my face. Suddenly blue light started to illuminate around me and I was forced to close my eyes from the intensity. 

Pain, such great pain as I had never felt before washed through me. I could feel pressure on every inch of my body. It even seemed to be inside of me as well. I screamed as the pain began to steadily increase. 

It became so unbearable I wanted nothing more than to die. My teeth were grinding against each other and still the pressure seemed to increase more and more. It seemed like it was never going to end and I felt like I was going to explode. 

My breathing became rapid and I could feel my heartbeat racing. I screamed and screamed and still the pain never ended. Finally, when I thought that I truly was going to die, it ended in an instant and I was moving on the tray out of the machine.

At this point I was so exhausted I don't think I could have used my powers even if the ray gun wasn't pointed at me. The woman unstrapped me but I just lay there trying to calm my racing heart and rapid breathing.

The woman picked me up and carried me to the next machine. She laid me on the table and I hoped that this machine was going to be better than the last. It turned out that it was. The woman collected some blood samples and I thought that was all she was going to do. It wasn't. She turned to me with a needle filled with a dark solution and jabbed it viciously into my arm.

She pressed the plunger down and the liquid seeped into my blood stream. It felt like a thousand needles were simultaneously poking me. I thrashed around on the table as the stabbing feeling moved all over my body.

For five minutes the stabbing continued on and finally stopped. The woman drew more blood samples and worked at a small machine for a while. She slid the tubes of blood into separate slots on the machine and pressed a button. The machine started to spin and I had to look away because it was making me dizzy.

Satisfied with her results, she again carried me to the third and final machine. This machine was straight up and down with a strange helmet at the top. Wires ran from the helmet into the machine. The woman stood me on the machine and strapped my body against it. She lowered the helmet on my head.

I felt a stabbing pain in my head and I knew she must have turned the machine on. I wondered what it was supposed to do. I felt several waves of heat pass through my head. It felt like my head was being scanned and I supposed it probably was.

"We're done here," the woman said.

I hadn't realized that the stabbing pain had stopped. In fact, I couldn't really remember what I had last been thinking about. The woman pulled a walkie talkie out of her pocket.

"Fred, we're done," she said.

Soon after the VD, I assume must have been Fred, walked in the room. Charles got off of his chair waved toward the door.

"Get a move on Max," he spat out the word "Max".

I forced my exhausted body to move forward and I followed the VD back to my room. He slid his card, opened the door, and shoved me violently inside. I stumbled and fell face first on the cement. I hit the floor pretty hard and my nose started to bleed as I lay there too tired to move. 

Finally I crawled over to the blanket in the corner of the room and curled up in it. I fell asleep with one thought on my mind. I have to find a way to escape.

Author's Note:

I feel sorry for Max! This part is kind of short cause not much happens. Tomorrow stuff will happen. It may be the same stuff though! Ha ha, you guys probably know that it can't possibly the same stuff. Here's a question for the day....What do you think of the machines? Would you like to be in one of them?

Have a great day as always!

P.S. I'll try and update by Friday since this was a shorter one.