The reunion

The 8th of July came. It was the middle of summer and I had nobody to hang out with, so I decided to go to Tifity to finish making it come alive. I went downstairs and to the backyard. The door looked just the same as it did the day I finished painting it, but when I opened it seemed to me that the black hole had become smaller. "It must be my imagination", I thought, before crossing the door with the notebook under my arm. The ride to Tifity was short but amazing. Floating in the space-time felt just as if I was immersed in a dream. And so did being in such paradise I had created out of the purest darkness and emptiness. The last time I had been to Tifity everything was in its place; the rainbows, the animal-shaped clouds, the oreo plants, wonies, the sea, the snow, the green hills... Imagine my surprise when I saw that almost half of it was destroyed.

My first impulse was to check the magical notebook. Half of the pages I had written and drawn on were scribbled or full of black ink. This made the things written behind the ink disappear or change their shape and description, turning them into something so different and dark. "Who the heck could have done something like this?", I asked myself incredulously. It only took me half a second to understand what had happened. I remembered my brother's words the month before: "my revenge will be epic, you'll see". He had had the audacity to come into my room at night, take my fountain pen and he dared to paint all over the notebook. I even found a note at the end of it that said: "debt settled". This occurrence made me think I should protect the notebook and the pen somehow. But before doing that, I had to restore everything my dear and caring brother had destroyed. I thought of a great way to do the previously mentioned. I would write: "Tifity will be restored". I doubted it would work, but I had nothing to lose, had I?

It obviously didn't work, so I realized I would have to draw and write down everything again. That would take me days, but I had to rush because I was told Evangeline would get out of the psychiatric soon. I knew I would have to work hard, so instead of going to my brother's bedroom to claim anything, I started working on the half left of Tifity as great and fast as I could.

July 15th came and I finally made it. Tifity was finished for real this time. It was time for me to think of a way to protect it, the notebook and the pen. That was the moment I had the craziest idea ever. "What if there was a guardian of everything?", I thought. Yes, I was about to create a guardian especially for the notebook, someone that would take care of our safe place. A genie seemed like the best option for a guardian of another dimension to me, so I started drawing it down. He'd be tiny but strong and would be levitating all the time. He would be yellowish and have a kind of robe. Tensaya, that would be his name. Tensaya would look after Tifity. I was hoping that genie would be enough to keep our universe safe. 

"Hey there, my name is Tensaya. What can I help you with?" was the first thing the little guardian said. He had such a soft and nice voice and would smile at me all the time. "You'll be the one responsible for looking after this notebook and the fountain pen, thereby protecting Tifity", I stated. Therefore, I gave him both the magical notebook and the pen right before going back home and leaving him in this new dimension I had created.

*****

It was Friday and that meant there was a lot of housework to do. I decided to wake up earlier than any other day. I wanted to remove the dust from my door but didn't want anybody to see me. Mum was the only one who knew about its existence, and I wanted it to remain like that because if my father or brother found out about it, they'd probably do something horrible. I was not sure of what they would do with it, but I was scared of them coming to the backyard for once and seeing a door out of place. Luckily for me and Tifity, they never went down there. However, I must admit I was impressed they still hadn't come by it after so many months. 

After finishing with the door, I decided to sweep the bathroom and the kitchen. I would have used the vacuum, but I didn't want to wake my mother up. Of course, the other two were out for a change (notice the irony in my voice). I had done most of the chores so far and when I was cleaning the window panes, someone knocked on the door. "I'm the newspaper guy!!", someone shouted from the outside. It was too late for it to be the man who sold newspapers and magazines, so I had no clue who it could be. Moreover, the voice seemed familiar to me, but I could not point out whose it was. It sounded like a woman trying to talk like a man.

I was terrified of opening the door when being home alone. I knew I wasn't technically alone,  my mum was in her bed, but I was still too shy and afraid to open the door. Nevertheless, I decided to take the bull by the horns and opened the door in a matter of seconds. My heart was racing so fast already, that I thought it would jump out of my chest. I thought it would be some random guy with a female like voice, a thief or so. But it wasn't.

I had the last person I imagined right in front of my eyes. "Hey, Al. I'm here". I fell to the floor due to me thinking I was hallucinating, but when I realized my family friend was really right there, I stood up hugged her as tightly as I could. We stayed like that in absolute silence for over ten minutes. "You can't even imagine how much I've missed you during all these months. I love you with my whole heart, Evangeline".