Chapter 4

Oikawa POV

"You don't believe me?" Oikawa questioned.

"I believe you , " Hinata said softly as their eyes met.

As he heard Hinata's words he couldn't help but smile. The world started to move in slow motion as the small crow was wrapped up in his arms. He really wanted to kiss him. He should kiss him. He had to kiss him.

Yet he pulled away.

"Ahhhhh! Why! Why! Why! Why!!!!" he screamed after a recollection of how his and Hinata's night ended. From the moment Oikawa left Hinata's side, he could think of nothing but the date yesterday. Suddenly hugging Hinata, eating with Hinata, talking with Hinata... he enjoyed every single moment beyond a hundred percent. Then, he had the perfect moment to kiss him, and he gave it up. Hinata could have rejected him, though, or worse, been scared of and hate him. But there had been signs that Hinata might like him! ...might.

It's a miracle his heart was still beating. Asking Hinata out already took a few years off his life, although he's still not sure if Hinata saw it as a real date or not. Being alone with him was already nerve-wracking. If Oikawa wasn't so good at controlling his emotions, he would be a love wreck. Hinata was going to drive him mad. He's already driving him mad and doesn't even know it! How is he going to get through practice with Hinata today?!

"Shittykawa!" Iwaizumi hit Oikawa's head. "Pay attention already!"

Oh yeah, his team was in the middle of practice. Oikawa rubbed his head. "Iwa-chan, so mean," he whimpered.

"You drag me from my house out of your selfish will to play volleyball, and then you aren't even paying attention." Iwaizumi stood tall over Oikawa as a dark aura wrapped around him. Oikawa flinched a little. Iwaizumi is mad. Has he really been that distracted?

"Oikawa-san!" Yahaba shouted from across the net. In their current game, Yahaba was playing as the other team's setter. He was now going to be the team's official setter. Oikawa looked up to Yahaba with hope. "For every point, you lose you treat the team to ramen." Oikawa jumped up while everyone agreed and started listing out their orders.

"What! Wait!" Oikawa panicked and turned to Iwaizumi. "Iwa-chan?!"

"You know my usual." Iwaizumi walked off. So cruel. Oikawa was going to be a broke college student before he even reached college. On every other day, practice would go smoother, but his mind was off somewhere else. Or rather, with someone else.

'Now concentrate! Just immerse yourself in volleyball!' Oikawa thought. He couldn't think of both Hinata and volleyball, so he would just have to think of nothing but volleyball for the rest of the game. Oikawa slapped his cheeks causing two red imprints on his face. His team looked at him in shock and confusion.

The game started to pick up pace. Oikawa's team was scoring more aggressively. The teams were going into their third set, and what was supposed to be a regular practice game felt more like the finals to championships. Oikawa wasn't holding back in any way; his mind was fully on volleyball. Both teams felt the change in Oikawa's attitude as the game became more ferocious. With one last toss to Iwaizumi, the ball was smashed down and Oikawa's team won the match set.

Rolling his shoulders back, Oikawa spoke up. "So, you guys want to do another game?" He turned to his teammates, mostly on the floor or barely standing, exhausted from the previous game that just finished.

"What is he, a monster?" Kunimi said.

"Monster!" Oikawa said, shocked. "You guys can't be tired. Come on let's keep going!" Oikawa's assertive voice had a plea beneath it to play on.