Eyes wide shut

No matter how hard I tried my eyes wouldn't open. It was like there was glue cementing them together and I was getting frustrated. With my last ounce of energy I managed to pry them open.

I took a second to try to figure out where I am. The room is dimly lit, so it's either early in the morning or late at night. The walls seem to be a cream colour and there is a large window to my right. The bed is a normal size and there is a bit of medical equipment in the room. One thing had me on edge. The noise, or lack of. I couldn't hear anything. No tanks, no guns clattering, no chatting, no sirens. Just silence. That made me even more nervous and the air seemed cleaner. Less sand or dust and I know i'm not moving. I'm dizzy but not that dizzy.

I tried to move my legs and that's when I became very aware that I wasn't the only one in the room. There was a man on a chair, his face is obstructed by the fact that he's lying with his head in his hands on the end of the bed. He has dark brown hair that my hands were itching to run through.

He must be the Marine who brought me here, or maybe my doctor/nurse assigned to monitor me overnight. Well if so he didn't do a very good job.

I poked his arm which got me a gruff response. I poked him again, this time nothing. So I gave into my urges and ran my fingers through his hair and softly tugged at the ends, hoping that would wake him up. Oddly it calmed me down.

His hand flew up and caught mine. I froze. He looked up "Al-Alex?" His voice hoarse.

"Sir Yes Sir" his head tilted to the side and he went to grab my hand but I quickly retracted.
"Alex please I know i've messed up" now it was my turn to look confused.
"Eh sorry Sir I'm not clear on what you're talking about." His entire body slumped forward as he ran his hands through his hair, I heard him whisper
"you don't know who I am do you?"
"Sorry Sir should I? I don't believe I was informed."

He got up and walked towards the door. Leaving me confused and wracking my brain. I tried to remember anything. I tried to remember how I ended up here but came up empty. My temper slowly rising as I was getting angrier and angrier with myself.

Suddenly the guy from earlier came in with an older gentleman. The new guy approached me and I sat up. Ignoring the pain all over and the fact that I was now seeing double. He reached his hand out and I quickly grabbed it and twisting it as best I could.
"It would be better for everyone if things are explained and we keep our hands to ourselves. Sir."

At the same time I heard what I could only describe as a growl and my eyes snapped towards the giant in the corner. Wow he's tall.
"Sir, You know they probably have meds for that. I'm assuming we're in a hospital aren't we?"

They both chuckled.
"You haven't changed a bit princess."
"Don't call me that."
"Yup not a bit."

After Michael explained that he was a doctor I allowed him to examine me. They were clever enough to dodge all my questions about how I ended up here. And where exactly here is.
I was starting to get antsy. God only knows who these people are, or what they're going to do to me or what they've done.
I remembered what I was once told. Never try to escape until you know you can make it out alive. At the moment I do not believe that i'm in any immediate danger and I have no idea what's outside this room. So my safest bet is just to wait and figure things out before I make any hasty decisions.

"Hey princess calm down, you're safe here."
If only I could trust him. Why does he call me princess? Does he know me? How did he know what I was thinking?
OH MY SWEET BABY JESUS IS THIS SOME KIND OF TWILIGHT SHIT AND HE'S EDWARD CULLEN?!?

Michael stood up and wrapped his stethoscope around his neck.
"It's temporary amnesia. It's her body's way of coping, just like the coma. If you show her pictures and tell stories then her memory should come back in no time."