Formal Event

There is nothing like waking up when you want to and not being woken up.

Somehow I always end up on top of Luke. I am completely planking him like as if I was on a surfboard. I definitely always fall asleep on the bed. Most people intertwine themselves, but no apparently that's too main stream for me. Or does he pull me on top of him? I bet he does.

Almost sensing my deadly glare his eyes snap open.
"Done checking me out princess." Normally I would've blushed but I wanted answers.
"Did you do this?"
"Oh it's too early to be blaming me for things." My stare never wavered and I pointed towards our bodies.
"I have no clue what you're talking about but it looks like you just can't resist me and your subconscious is giving into your desires." His voice getting lower and lower as he speaks.

Even though we did almost get killed by rogues i'm glad I went shopping with Bonnie. Shock I know. But it has really benefitted me. I got lovely jeans, tops, jumpers and with my trusty leather jacket I can make any outfit work. I slipped on my favourite jeans and a aztec designed top. Plain black converse, I don't do heels and my infamous leather jacket to top it off.

I plait my hair as I have every day since I could brush it. Being in the military we are not allowed to have our hair down so to me having a simple, loose side plait I feel like a rebel. It's true what they say......It's the simple things in life.

I went downstairs to inspect the damage. It was quiet. Too quiet. I ducked just in time to miss the cupcake flying at my head. The food was flying. Bonnie looked like she was going to kill Zach. From what I can see Luke and Aaron are wrestling on the couch. I am not cleaning this up.

I couldn't get their attention and there's no way in hell i'm getting caught in the crossfire here. I'm done with that shit. So I did the only thing that has worked in the past. I took a deep breath and let out a blood curdling scream. They all stopped in their tracks.

Their heads snapped towards me and they saw my head pop out from the side of the kitchen island.
"Lexi are you ok? Oh my god please tell me you're ok." Guess who. Ding ding ding we have a winner it's Bonnie.

Luke gave me no time to react. He pushed Aaron off him and wasted no time in checking to see if i'm ok. He gently lifted me off the floor and onto the kitchen counter. Looking me over for bruises, cuts any indications that i'm hurt. I grabbed his face in both my hands.
"Luke i'm fine, honestly. I just screamed because i'm not cleaning this up and I wanted to get food without being wrestled or hit with a flying cupcake. Now breathe." I looked around "all of you."
Luke kissed my neck and whispered "you sure?."
I disguised my moan with a cough and nodded. He seemed proud of himself.

After breakfast Luke pulled me to the side. Outside really. We stood in front of his car, well I sat on the hood as he held my waist.

"We have some pack business to attend to. But you're going shopping with Bonnie and my mum." He just laughed at my face.
"Well since you've accepted me as your mate which i'm very happy about." He leaned in and placed a kiss on my forehead.
"I can now officially receive the title of Alpha and introduce you to the other Alpha's as my Luna. It's a black tie formal event and I need you by my side so I don't go crazy. Plus Aaron, Bonnie and Zach are going to be there."

I simply nodded my head. I'm extremely nervous. I'm not exactly the dress formal type of girl. And a room full of Alpha's i'm sure to embarrass myself or disrespect someone with the mouth on me. But one thought stood out among the rest. Am I ready for this? I've never been in a relationship before. I don't know a thing about love, let alone being thrown into the world of the supernatural.

Luke's warm lips on my sweet spot cut off my thoughts.
"You'll be fine. You're feisty and a former marine. How can't they love you? But I have no problem killing a few males if they try to take what's mine." He nipped at my neck. I grabbed his shirt and pulled myself closer, wrapping my legs around him. I softly whispered
"once a Marine always a Marine."