Suspicious behavior

Over the last few days Luke has been thrown head first into a mountain of pack business. I guess that's what happens when you neglect your work for a few days, just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. 'Pack business', two very vague words put together to form an answer, however an answer is far from what it provides. It just raises more questions. I will find out exactly what 'pack business' entails out of curiosity, insecurity or curtsy. I refuse to be a typical Luna so I will learn and I will assist.

However his continuous absence has been more of a god send than a nuisance. It has given me time to sneak off to the warehouse and start working on the boys cars and bikes. Every single one has some kind of external damage. Remind me to never give them a fragile and expensive object.
These aren't small scrapes either, it looks like they played multiple games of chicken and their stubbornness prevented them from moving so they settled on a head on collision. Running my fingers along some of the dents and impact points i'm surprised these boys are still in one piece.
Today is no different from the last three days. I woke up in an empty bed with another good morning and pack business text from the dare devil himself. Those damn two words will drive me insane. I had a quick breakfast and left before the others woke up. I feel like i'm doing the walk of shame after a one night stand.

For the last five hours i've been under a car trying to get it to start. My white tank top now covered in oil and dirt. I blast my music to fill the eery silence and am quite content. Over the last few months I haven't had much alone time. It seems almost strange, part of me is just waiting to hear their voices.

I moved on to my problem baby. The car that has put up a fight for the last two days. Everything seems to work perfectly. It runs, everything is where it's meant to be. To the average person there seems to be no logical reason for this car to be in this warehouse.
I elevated the car just enough to allow me to slip underneath it and take a closer look. My life is currently in the hands of a small mechanical tool that is holding a few tons over my head. That's when I noticed it.The breaks are virtually none existent in this car.
They've been worn down to nothing. No friction, no breaks. This would be a deathtrap on wheels.These boys need to learn how to treat a car.

Seconds after I solved my problem baby, two small hands had a firm grasp on my ankles. Pulling me out from under the car Bonnie is standing over me with an unusually large smile on her face.
"How about we go for lunch?"
I stared at her trying to figure out if this is some joke but she seemed genuine. We have never gone out for the soul purpose of lunch.
"Or we could just head home and cook something ourselves" Bonnie has never been the type to throw money around or splash out. She only spends money on something she can reuse, her favourite items including clothes and make up. But going out for a meal is more her and Aaron's thing, their typical date night. Maybe i'm reading too much into this but I can't help it. It's out of character, a change and I don't really like change.

As if on impulse she shot my idea down. Instead she opened a toolbox near her and pulled out a wrench.
"Need a hand?"
Her offer was appreciated but ten minutes after she began "helping" I realised I was right. She doesn't have a clue about cars. None the less she stayed to help me and I enjoyed the company.

At three o'clock on the dot I closed the hood of the car. My stomach has been growling for the passed hour and a half. There is only so long you can ignore hunger before it starts interfering with your work. I need to do the best I can on these machines not only for the boys but for my own sense of accomplishment. So I did the right thing and called it a day. Luke is usually home by now and soon he'll start asking questions.

But Bonnie beat him to it.
"Um what are you doing?"
While cleaning up I explained myself to her while throwing a towel at her for her to wipe the grease off her hands. Bonnie seems a bit distant, actually to think of it they all do. Stepping outside to close the warehouse door all the hairs on my body stood up. I felt like a human goose bump. The ice cold winter weather is numbing but the blanket of white that has settled on the floor and the hood of the car is beautiful. Bonnie stepped to the side to take a phone call while I layered on the clothes. I had all the heaters available on in the warehouse so the cold hit me like an 18 wheeler. I sat into my car and wrapped my emergency/picnic blanket around me. I'm getting great use out of my survival kit. Looking at the picturesque view in front of me something is missing. There are tyre tracks in the snow but no car. They form a u-turn leading to and from the warehouse door. Staring intently at the tracks I tried to place them, my fingers tapped on the steering wheel as I followed the pattern.