War, What is it good for

It was only a five minute drive back to their house. When we pulled up I saw my baby. I jumped out of the car and jumped on the hood. I made sure I didn't damage her but I was holding onto her for dear life.
A cough stopped my reunion. I looked over my should and saw them laughing at me.
"Are we interrupting something?" Oh Zach thinks he's so funny.
"Actually, yes, yes you are."

Eventually they pried me off my car. It wasn't by choice though. Currently i'm hanging over Luke's shoulder, all the blood is rushing to my head. Zach got my bags out of the boot.
I saw Zach dump my bags right by the door. Oh i'm going to kill him if anything's broken. Yes I have valuable stuff. I have a laptop and a phone. Which may now be broken.
Luke dropped me on the couch, then picked me up and sat me not on his lap but practically. At this point in time I actually like the fact he's holding me close. It offers reassurance and support as i'm about to relive my worst nightmare.
The other three sat on the carpet in front of me.
"Ok what did you want to tell us?"

I took a deep breath. Here we go. I guess if I can believe them then they can believe me. I'm not supposed to divulge information but we all do things that we're not meant to.

"Before I start can I just ask that you not ask question's until i'm finished....please?" They all nodded.
This is going to be a long night.

"Ok well I guess I should start at the beginning" Luke smirked and my choice of words. The same words he had used only hours earlier.
"My name is Alexandria Jamie Smith and I am a 3rd Generation British Marine." I gaged their reaction. They all shouted "WHAT" at the exact same time. Wow that's a skill. I shushed them and continued.

"I grew up on a Marine base, went to military school and then joined as soon as I was of age. I was sent to various places mainly keeping the peace. Helping build schools, teach children, help the women. About 7 months ago I was chosen to join a special mission. A Black Opps kinda thing if you will. We were sent to Afghanistan to hunt down a unique terrorist group. It wasn't my first time in Afghanistan but it was my first time there on this type of mission. There was seven of us in total. They told us we were the best of the best. We had a month to become experts in each others skills. Eventually we were sent in. Everything was going perfect. We had our camp and eyes on the target. Our attack was scheduled for day five at 04:00 hours. Except on the third day we were ambushed in the middle of the night."

I was shaking at this point, the flashbacks hitting me hard and fast.

Sarah had just checked the plans and satellites. She was our computer geek. Dave and Scott were loading up the guns around the fire. Jason was cooking. Layla was wrapping up a cut she had got when being taught 1 v 1 combat by Mike. I was under the hood of the truck, making sure this bad boy would hold up. The last thing I remember was sitting around the fire with not just soldiers but friends, eating dinner, having a laugh with the stars above us.
The sound of screaming woke me up. My eyes adjusted to the dark. My arms were held above my head, shackled to the wall. I heard footsteps and I had no way out. It was four walls, chains, me and a door. The door was slammed open and I was face to face with one of the men we were brought here to kill. I rarely forget a face.
They wanted information and they had 7 of us. One of us was bound to break but they didn't count on the fact that we were the death over dishonour kind of people. Some say that's what made us so great.
It started with a pistol whip. That got my sarcastic comments going.
"That all you got?" got me a punctured lung .....

They wanted details and that's what they got. I went through every hour.....that I could remember. I know I blacked out a few times. Talked about every bit of torture I was exposed to during those few days.

Bonnie was crying. The boys well they were shaking and growling but I continued. I told them how we were rescued.
"Ironic the best of the best needing to be saved. We later found out we had been sold out and let's just say someone left a file open and we dealt with that person in a manner we saw fit."
I saw the looks they were giving me and chuckled a bit
"no we didn't kill him. We simply roughed him up a bit and let the system deal with him."